BadAtGender

Thursday #s: Twinkies 9.4, THE FEELS 2.2, Featherless Beasts 1.9 (rth) (page 3)

For as slow as it's taking JW to hit 600M, I'm still maintaining it doesn't make another 24M to beat TA.. It's slowed down ALOT and if I'm wrong, so be it, but I'm still not seeing it happening for what was such a sure fire thing..

You do realize Avengers got to $600m on Day 54 while JP4 is getting there on Day 36, right?

• Like 1

For as slow as it's taking JW to hit 600M, I'm still maintaining it doesn't make another 24M to beat TA.. It's slowed down ALOT and if I'm wrong, so be it, but I'm still not seeing it happening for what was such a sure fire thing..

I'm a Marvel fan but man you have to get pass denial phase quick.

• Like 4

Sure.. Great and wonderful, but it still doesn't change the fact that JW is limping to 600M and all this babble about it beating TA and having to gross another 25M to do so is just that: Babble.. Again, if it does it, then great and I'll stand corrected, but for now, I'm not seeing it and it barely coming up short.. Sue me..

In addition to it hitting 600 mil 18 days before Avengers, it's also still making more every weekday than Avengers was at this point. So what is your basis for thinking a movie 18 days ahead to 600 mil, making more money on a daily basis than Avengers, in the heart of summer won't pass it? You're delusional.

Sure.. Great and wonderful, but it still doesn't change the fact that JW is limping to 600M and all this babble about it beating TA and having to gross another 25M to do so is just that: Babble.. Again, if it does it, then great and I'll stand corrected, but for now, I'm not seeing it and it barely coming up short.. Sue me..

Just stop, man. JW is grossing MORE in its dailies than TA and it's already tracking just under $40M ahead of TA. Making a bit of a fool out of yourself. It will easily pass TA DOM.

With your projections, given TA was at $560M on the same day during it's run, it would've grossed under $590M DOM TOTAL.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

For the comparison of the two films, I'm going to throw out the last $5m of Avengers gross because Disney expanded it into over 1,700 theaters when it was previously under 125 at the time it got to $618m. I do not expect Universal to pull similar shenanigans for JP4. Avengers after weekend 6 was at $572m. It made $45m more to get to $618m. JP4 will be around $609-610m after this weekend. If you give it even half of Avengers' gross the rest of the way ($22m), that gets it past $630m.

JP4 will probably end up around $645-650m.

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 3

A movie is doing 2M weekdays and it can't gross 20M? What are you smoking?

Avengers did 1.97M on Thursday, day 35. It then did 62M more.

For the comparison of the two films, I'm going to throw out the last $5m of Avengers gross because Disney expanded it into over 1,700 theaters when it was previously under 125 at the time it got to $618m. I do not expect Universal to pull similar shenanigans for JP4. Avengers after weekend 6 was at $572m. It made $45m more to get to $618m. JP4 will be around $609-610m after this weekend. If you give it even half of Avengers' gross the rest of the way ($22m), that gets it past $630m.

JP4 will probably end up around $645-650m.

If it makes $650M, Universal will keep pushing it until it passes Titanic.

JW will easily beat Avengers, there is currently no reason to think otherwise.

If it makes $650M, Universal will keep pushing it until it passes Titanic.

I doubt it. They didn't even fudge to claim the big records in the first two weeks despite the fact they easily could have done so. It ended up being one of the quietest record breakers ever since it only happened with actuals and most of the entertainment media doesn't even care about actuals.

• Like 1

I doubt it. They didn't even fudge to claim the big records in the first two weeks despite the fact they easily could have done so. It ended up being one of the quietest record breakers ever since it only happened with actuals and most of the entertainment media doesn't even care about actuals.

You have a point.

I remember Disney being much louder about TA breaking records than Universal with JW.

You have a point.

I remember Disney being much louder about TA breaking records than Universal with JW.

TA1 shattered records so it was easier for Disney to brag. Same thing with WB and TDK. Universal didn't want to have egg on their face for projecting records on Sunday and then come up short with actuals the next day.

It is still 100% a sure fire thing. You're the only lifeform on Earth and the solar system who thinks otherwise. JW is only on it's 35th day on cinemas, and it's not even half-way through until the end of its run. You're making it seem like it's only earning 5-6 digits per day.

Edited by kowan
  • Like 1