grim22

Cruddy Weekend Estimates: A-M 24.77m, Pix 24m, Minions 22m, Trainwreck 17.2m, Southpaw 16.5m, PT 12.5m,

Yeah, I remember some people were doubting their original shows, and most of those have been pretty successful.

Yeah, I'm not going to cry foul on this yet...sure, as a theater loving box office fanatic it's kind of the opposite of what I should be rooting for...

But...they've managed well so far. So...we shall see.

That being said...I'm still salty about Crouching Tiger 2 being in English.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

Yeah, I'm not going to cry foul on this yet...sure, as a theater loving box office fanatic it's kind of the opposite of what I should be rooting for...

Pretty salty we have no Tequila Chow Yun Fat.

I don't care if he died in the first.

There is a Crouching Tiger 2? :blink:

There is indeed.

Michelle Yeoh, Donnie Yen, Yuen Woo-Ping directing...

In English, shot in New Zealand, the crew is totally white. Well, maybe not the choreographers.

We shall see.

• Like 1

Eh! You'll probably get over it. Likely part of the deal of the film getting made, was that it would be in English, since they figured that more people would be watch it (obviously!).

Although the part about it being Donnie Yeh's English language debut is a load of crap. Blade II, Highlander: Endgame (yes it's a crappy sequel but it counts), anyone?

Edited by Insidearcher

I used google and the reasoning makes sense from this article. I'm just still skeptical on whether or not it'll actually work.

http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2013/06/13/why-netflix-is-producing-original-content/

I guess new shows and movies are like content patches to a game or MMO. The content patches themselves don't make money, but they encourage people to subscribe or stay subscribed. Especially if the content on Netflix is only available on Netflix.

Edited by The Panda

Eh! You'll probably get over it. Likely part of the deal of the film getting made, was that it would be in English, since they figured that more people would be watch it (obviously!).

Although the part about it being Donnie Yeh's English language debut is a load of crap (Blade II, Highlander: Endgame anyone?).

I suppose...he barely said anything in Blade 2?

It is a little silly...Yens English is good, cause...well...he was raised in the U.S. Until his mid teens I think.

There is indeed.

Michelle Yeoh, Donnie Yen, Yuen Woo-Ping directing...

In English, shot in New Zealand, the crew is totally white. Well, maybe not the choreographers.

We shall see.

They should film two versions of the Crouching Tiger 2, one with the actors speaking in English and the other with them speaking Chinese. That would be cool to have both version on bluray. ;)

I wish that Deadline gave us Friday numbers for Ant-Man and Minions. I don't trust their ability to extrapolate weekend numbers from early Friday numbers.

I have absolute faith in Deadlines ability to incorrectly extrapolate the weekend grosses from early Friday numbers. You don't need a drunk Nikki Finke to fuck the numbers up!

I suppose...he barely said anything in Blade 2?

It is a little silly...Yens English is good, cause...well...he was raised in the U.S. Until his mid teens I think.

He barely said anything in either movie, but it counts, since he did speak some English, I guess.

Donnie Yen lived in Boston for many years growing up, so I imagine English must be pretty good.

Edited by Insidearcher

He barely said anything in either movie, but it counts, since he did speak some English, I guess.

Donnie Yen lived in Boston during his teen years, so I imagine English must be pretty good.

Didn't he also have some speaking lines Shanghai Knights? Unless those were dubbed.

I have absolute faith in Deadlines ability to incorrectly extrapolate the weekend grosses from early Friday numbers. You don't need a drunk Nikki Finke to fuck the numbers up!

Deadline is only good for their Early Friday numbers and the occasional news article. :P

That movie doesn't count cause it sucked ass.

FUCK YOU BUDDY

Littlefinger (affectionately to me known as CIA) was the bad guy and he was ballin' with his swords.

Also, ATJ as Charlie Chaplin!

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1