grim22

Cruddy Weekend Estimates: A-M 24.77m, Pix 24m, Minions 22m, Trainwreck 17.2m, Southpaw 16.5m, PT 12.5m,

Lots of indie UK films and TV. He did show up on Desparate Housewives and in Hitman. (Also, I did not know he was another actor who was almost Bond.)

Daniel Craig probably looks at Dougray's career and quietly says to himself "that could've been me".

He would've definitely gotten more mileage from Wolverine.

Hugh Jackman played Wolverine six times which opened up many other doors.

Playing Wolverine in a potential franchise would have done better for his career, then playing a one-off villain in another.

Oh well, at least with the change in cast, it gave us Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. I think that was for the best.

Edited by Insidearcher
  • Like 1

I'm very optimistic about SW7 domestic.

I think it could challenge JW for the 2015 domestic crown

Overseas is another story. I have no idea where it will fall overseas.

Revenge of the Sith made only 468 m but was way back in 2005.

Inflation and expanded markets means SW7 will make more OS but how much more?

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1

AM's drop very disappointing. Don't really get it either. Everyone I spoke to loved the film, WoM is amazing, yet its second weekend drop is huge against underperforming new openers. I expected a decent run and CA/Thor numbers but with MI5 and FF coming out it ain't happening.

AM's drop very disappointing. Don't really get it either. Everyone I spoke to loved the film, WoM is amazing, yet its second weekend drop is huge against underperforming new openers. I expected a decent run and CA/Thor numbers but with MI5 and FF coming out it ain't happening.

There was a shooting in a theater yesterday. Lets not forget that.

There was a shooting in a theater yesterday. Lets not forget that.

I'm talking about its entire run not a particular day. Given its repeat viewing potential and good WoM a semi-leggy run was expected yet it's gonna end up closer to TIH than to Thor.

Maybe the people you've spoken to aren't representative of the general moviegoing public. There are plenty of movies that underperform even though it feels like everyone we know likes them, there are plenty of movies that do great business even though it feels like nobody we know likes them. The GA is much bigger than our small circles of friends. I dunno.

I'm talking about its entire run not a particular day. Given its repeat viewing potential and good WoM a semi-leggy run was expected yet it's gonna end up closer to TIH than to Thor.

Ant-Man's OW is almost identical to TIH and yet it should make an extra 20-25 million domestic.

That's gotta count for something.

It's hard to feel much disappointment, even though I think Ant Man is the 2nd or 3rd best Marvel movie, when you know a second will become universe-servicing like the rest of the bullshit Marvel puts out. 

At least it exists. Hopefully it holds up, and if it does, I'm glad just that we've got one.

I mean, I don't like any of the Iron Mans anymore so, you know, things change.