kayumanggi

THE SHALLOWS | 06.24.16 | Sony | final domestic gross: $55,124,043

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

I find it funny how its Fish movie (DORY) vs Fish movie (Shallows) this weekend.

They want some of that Dory spillover business?

I can't wait for the mom to take her kid to The Shallows thinking its Finding Dory. It needs to happen. 

• Like 2

60% full for 7pm show

The 10pm show is relatively empty. Maybe 20 people

IDR sold 20% of its tickets for its one and only show.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Baumer said:

60% full for 7pm show

The 10pm show is relatively empty. Maybe 20 people

IDR sold 20% of its tickets for its one and only show.

Yea the later show at my theater wasn't sold out and I think the later shows across the country won't be filled or anything. 

But eww at IDR. I've seen some bad attendance across Twitter over it. 

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I saw one headline calling this the best shark Jaws. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I can't wait.

I mean technically it is. Like what good shark movie have we really had besides like Deep Blue Sea? When you've got Sharknado coming out every year, the expectations are lowered but I'd put this over Deep Blue Sea, personally. 

Just got back.  A REALLY fun ride.  This all rests on Lively's shoulders and she more than carries it.  This could have been an incredibly campy film but she made it a nail biter.  After the first 15 minutes it really is just one held breath.  Perfect runtime for something like this as well.  Only one part left me a bit confused but it wasn't that distracting or much of a deterrent.  

8.5/10.  Mainly based off Lively's performance but more than anything the film being aware enough to know it's not breaking the mold it's just being smart.

• Like 1

Trying to convince my mom to see this.  She's terrified of horror movies but could handle the visit and 10 Cloverfield lane.  however, she was afraid of jaws when she saw it at 16 (she's  50 now).  Will she be able to handle it, or will I have to go to the movies by myself

2 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

Just got back.  A REALLY fun ride.  This all rests on Lively's shoulders and she more than carries it.  This could have been an incredibly campy film but she made it a nail biter.  After the first 15 minutes it really is just one held breath.  Perfect runtime for something like this as well.  Only one part left me a bit confused but it wasn't that distracting or much of a deterrent.  

8.5/10.  Mainly based off Lively's performance but more than anything the film being aware enough to know it's not breaking the mold it's just being smart.

Steven Seagull for best supporting actor at the Oscars! 

Glad you liked it as much as I did. But yes I agree, Lively drives the film home. 

• Like 1

Just now, ThatOneGuy said:

Trying to convince my mom to see this.  She's terrified of horror movies but could handle the visit and 10 Cloverfield lane.  however, she was afraid of jaws when she saw it at 16 (she's  50 now).  Will she be able to handle it, or will I have to go to the movies by myself

i think if she can handle cloverfield she can do this.  it's very much in that vein of consistently intense. 

• Like 1

Just now, ThatOneGuy said:

I don't know. It's a very anxiety driven film. It keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time. I don't think it's as scary as Jaws is but it definitely is a nail biter. It's more of a survival film and just not knowing what's going to happen. If she could handle 10 clover field lane, I think she can handle this. 

1 minute ago, shayhiri said:

Is Liam Neeson playing... the shark??

He has to be - or this will be the first movie of this director without Liam Neeson starring (after three so far).

He makes a cameo at the end to remind us that Jaume is all his and that he was actually supposed to play the bikini clad surfer in The Shallows. 

1 minute ago, shayhiri said:

Is Liam Neeson playing... the shark??

He has to be - or this will be the first movie of this director without Liam Neeson starring (after three so far).

I don't known about anyone else but if the shark starts talking in Liam Neeson's voice I would stand up and applaud