Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

IM3 is better than all of the Marvel movies except Avengers

Trevor is campier than the infamous SM3 scenes. Which really makes no sense in a movie that otherwise wants to take itself pretty seriously. That's an example of "bad" film-making right there. Complete tonal shifts that make no sense in the context of the rest of the movie.

I hated Watchmen when I saw it in theaters, hated it a lot actually. A few years later, it was on HBO or something and I just decided to rewatch it, loved it so much I now own the steel book. Really no idea why my theatrical experience was so different from my later viewings.

Im curious, because theres no bigger fan of the books than me, but I HATED the movie. Should I rewatch?

Anyone want to guess what movie sold the most tickets at our theatre for the matinee today. This movie doubled anything else.

No? No?

Shaun the Sheep

Lmao

Tele. His power.

• Like 2

It is really sad that MCU can't seem to help but go so cliche on its sequels. I feel like if  their sequel track record were as good as their non-sequel one, they would get very little hate and truly be considered the mecca of CBMs.

Unless they hired Nolan they'd still get hate from some quarters. :ph34r:  

Outside of some quarters there's very little hate for the MCU and it certainly doesn't translate to The GA and the critics.

• Like 2

Nah, it was really just ATJ.

Lmao, because of course it is. IM2 was released before Disney took over as well. I guess it doesn't count either.

IM2 wasn't part of MCU yet either. It was part of the Iron Man franchise at the time. Incredible Hulk is basically without a franchise home.

Love how Antman is ignored lol

I really feel Ant-Man could have done 250M if Edgar Wright directed the exact same movie. The fandom has wanted Wright to break out to the mainstream for quite a long time, and we could have seen a GOTG like groundswell of support for it. 

Im curious, because theres no bigger fan of the books than me, but I HATED the movie. Should I rewatch?

I would say so. I mean, my 180 on the movie surprised me. I was a huge book fan and left the theater disappointed and angry, somehow a rewatch really helped, and it wasn't even the directors or extended cut, it was just the same movie playing on HBO.

• Like 1

IM2 wasn't part of MCU yet either. It was part of the Iron Man franchise at the time. Incredible Hulk is basically without a franchise home.

You can't be serious right now. You do realize the MCU was planned since 2008, right? RIGHT?!?!? LOL. It was already happening any way, with or without Disney.

Edited by CJohn

I really feel Ant-Man could have done 250M if Edgar Wright directed the exact same movie. The fandom has wanted Wright to break out to the mainstream for quite a long time, and we could have seen a GOTG like groundswell of support for it. 

It's not gonna make an extra $100M because of Edgar Wright. They also wanted Scott Pilgrim to break out. Great movie, but look how that turned out. 

• Like 2

I hated it too.  Except for a few highlights mostly dealing with the supporting characters it alternated between being very unpleasant and extremely boring with some truly blah acting by the leads.  I bought it blind then donated it without a re-watch.

It's not gonna make an extra $100M because of Edgar Wright. They also wanted Scott Pilgrim to break out. Great movie, but look how that turned out. 

True. But it did come into an almost empty market for live action tentpoles (not as empty as the one GOTG came into), and had the fans been on board from day 1, the rush factor and WOM may have helped it open significantly bigger (maybe mid-70s or 80s).

Trevor is campier than the infamous SM3 scenes. Which really makes no sense in a movie that otherwise wants to take itself pretty seriously. That's an example of "bad" film-making right there. Complete tonal shifts that make no sense in the context of the rest of the movie.

I mean, this is a movie which starts with Eiffel 65...

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Like 1

they weren't even being distributed by the same companies at that point. 

YOU DO REALIZE THERE IS AN AFTER CREDITS SCENE ON INCREDIBLE HULK WITH RDJ AS IRON MAN, RIGHT?!

Everyone gets stupid for Marvel. Serious. I can't wait to see them fail. It is gonna be a glorious day just because of dumb stupid stuff like this.

You can't be serious right now. You do realize the MCU was planned since 2008, right? RIGHT?!?!? LOL. It was already happening any way, with or without Disney.

And no one really knew or cared except comic geeks at the time. Disney is the one that made MCU a franchise. Before that it was just the Iron Man franchise with the hopes that the plans would pan out.