Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

Oh, now you've done it...ranking of the summer films:

Top 5:

1) Jurassic world

2) Trainwreck

3) Spy

4) Self Less

5) Ant-Man/Rogue Nation

• Like 1

Brad Bird may be talented but he's no Russo brother or Colin Trevorrow or [some other director who made one well-regarded piece of fluff]

At least those haven't made a... TOMORROWLAND. Edited by CJohn

At least those haven't made a... TOMORROWLAND.

A movie that's biggest fault is being too ambitious for its own good. JW is a better made film sure, but it's also playing it uber safe. How many directors worth their salt can't make something completely safe work? 

A movie that's biggest fault is being too ambitious for its own good. JW is a better made film sure, but it's also playing it uber safe. How many directors worth their salt can't make something completely safe work?

F4 was also an ambitious project. Should I give it credit? No, it is shit. Bird and Lindelof failed in whatever they were trying to do.

Brad Bird may be talented but he's no Russo brother or Colin Trevorrow or [some other director who made one well-regarded piece of fluff]

The Incredibles is better than any movie the Russo brothers or Trevorrow have directed or will direct in the future.

I've got a word that's pretty different from ambitious coming to mind

• Like 1

Spy

Fury Road

Inside Out

Ultron

Trainwreck

Seeing Rogue Nation and Fant4stic tomorrow, need to see the Gift as well

No Gift for me until November. Rogue Nation only opens here on August 13.

The Incredibles is better than any movie the Russo brothers or Trevorrow have directed or will direct in the future.

Both already directed a better movie than Incredibles.

I've got a word that's pretty different from ambitious coming to mind

JW is a blockbuster, it wasn never meant to ambitious. It was made to satasfy the audience and it did that well.

Go to art movies or dramas if you want better made ambitious films.

• Like 1

But, CJohn, didn't you give Tomorrowland an 8/10? In your "how many movies have you seen in theatres 2015"

I already updated my grades all around. My real grade is a 5 I think.
  • Like 1

It's actually the opposite. There were like 4 disasters and then a whole bunch of successes and a few mega successes.

Lets get scientific about this:

Break Out Hits:

Jurassic World

Inside Out

Pitch Perfect 2

Hits:

Minions

San Andreas

Mad Max

Spy

Mission Impossible Rogue Nation

Trainwreck

Hits But Worse Than Expected:

Age of Ultron

Ant-Man

Flops and Major Disappointments:

Terminator Genisys

Ted 2

Fantastic Four

Tomorrowland

Magic Mike XXL

Pixels

Entourage

There's been a fair share of both hits and flops. I'm not sure if it's better or worse than usual though.

JW is a blockbuster, it wasn never meant to ambitious. It was made to satasfy the audience and it did that well.

Go to art movies or dramas if you want better made ambitious films.

It's like you don't understand a single one of my posts, but you keep replying to them

What is happening

• Like 2