terrestrial

w/e est.PerfectG 26.7|Visit 25.7|WarR 7.4|MI5 4.15|SOC 4.1 p.21 - Sun rth TPG/TV 5.5|WR 2.4|WITW 1.2|MI5 1|SOC 950k p.26

I'm going to have to watch the Village again.  I liked it up until we find out that they are living in modern times and blah blah blah....the only film I have absolutely hated (hate isn't  strong enough word) of Night's is LITW.  It's one of the dumbest films I've seen.

I was thinking of renting that this week.  Is it simply unwatchable or just really really stupid.

• Like 1

Well, to be fair, The Village opened very well and then had a horrible multiplier.  Signs was arguably MNS at his peak so the 50 mill opening of the Village had more to do with him than the interest in the movie.  I do remember the trailers being very good but once the twist was revealed, the film died a quick death.

It had a horrible multiplier, but I think it's reputation is just very divisive. A lot of people think it is when Shyamalan's fall from "hot auteur" started and a lot of people think it's his last good/great movie.

• Like 1

I have read. Doesn't matter. The Maze is what made the first different from everything else. Take out the Maze and people lose interest. Take out the Games and people lose interest. 

I guess we'll see.  I'm hoping it gets the sequel bump, I thought the trilogy was fun.

It had a horrible multiplier, but I think it's reputation is just very divisive. A lot of people think it is when Shyamalan's fall from "hot auteur" started and a lot of people think it's his last good/great movie.

The fact that it was marketed as a pure horror film is what pissed a lot of people off too.  

• Like 1

I guess we'll see.  I'm hoping it gets the sequel bump, I thought the trilogy was fun.

I don't think it is getting any sequel bump right now. I am thinking 30-35M OW and a DOM total around 80-90M. 

200_s.gif

haha.  they're the brothers behind Facing the Giants, Courageous, Fireproof and now War Room.  I personally think they are awful, awful films but I'm from the Bible Belt and most of my friends/family back home flock to see them.  Their name is starting to pull a lot of weight with that crowd.

• Like 1

The fact that it was marketed as a pure horror film is what pissed a lot of people off too.  

Tbh, The Village seems like a clear case of misleading marketing. I thought it was a horror movie until I saw it. I liked the twist as well. 

• Like 5

I don't think it is getting any sequel bump right now. I am thinking 30-35M OW and a DOM total around 80-90M. 

I think this is totally realistic, even I'm sad to say that there seems to be little hype.  But i would love to see around 40-45 with a 120-130 finish.

• Like 1

You can't rent anything here anymore.  It's really too bad that the video store is gone.

yeah, in Nashville it's the same, but the tiny town I'm from in South Carolina still has one and it's the ONLY thing I truly love about being back.  There's really just something special about being able to go up and down an aisle, read box covers and make a decision.  I know it will never be that way again so I go every time I'm home.

• Like 3

haha.  they're the brothers behind Facing the Giants, Courageous, Fireproof and now War Room.  I personally think they are awful, awful films but I'm from the Bible Belt and most of my friends/family back home flock to see them.  Their name is starting to pull a lot of weight with that crowd.

Thanks for the info.  I've never heard of them but then again, there's a lot of people I've never really paid attention to these days. I had to be told who Phil Lord and Chris Miller were.  I had no idea they had developed such a following after 4 films.  

• Like 1

Scott Mendelson @ScottMendelson

Box Office: M. Night Shyamalan's 'The Visit' Nabs Horrifying $25.6 Million Weekend @Forbes http://onforb.es/1K6eS4v

Grandma    $738,617    56%    130    78    $5,682     $2,060,07 6 
Meet the Patels    $75,597    --    5    --    $15,119    $75,597
The Diary of a Teenage Girl    $57,835    -62%    69    -186    $838    $1,391,441
The Second Mother    $50,000    2%    22    7    $2,273    $163,235    
Irrational Man    $35,358    -32%    47    -7    $752    $3,875,434    
Coming Home (2015)    $30,556    --    3    --    $10,185    $36,700

• Like 1

yeah, in Nashville it's the same, but the tiny town I'm from in South Carolina still has one and it's the ONLY thing I truly love about being back.  There's really just something special about being able to go up and down an aisle, read box covers and make a decision.  I know it will never be that way again so I go every time I'm home.

Sounds like you are from a similar place that I grew up.  I am from a smallish city in Canada called London.  It has about 350,000 people (not too small, not too big).  It's located about halfway between Detroit and Toronto.  There's a video rental store there called Jumbo video and it's the only one in the city.  It's busy every day.  I miss it dearly.

• Like 2