terrestrial

w/e est.PerfectG 26.7|Visit 25.7|WarR 7.4|MI5 4.15|SOC 4.1 p.21 - Sun rth TPG/TV 5.5|WR 2.4|WITW 1.2|MI5 1|SOC 950k p.26

Except that the aliens arent the point of the movie. Theyre part of the setup. Similar to, and only slightly more important than, the brother's baseball past. The point of the movie is that entire universe, or God, or something, has spent the last decade setting things up so that the boy survives the last 15 minutes of the film. Or, that the boy *is* going to survive the final scene, and the universe itself is just being unusually obvious about foreshadowing this fact.

Anyway, I liked Signs, and I understand why people don't like it, but I feel like some people dislike it for the wrong reasons. The question of "Why is this kid the center of the universe?" isnt addressed, and is a valid reason for disliking the movie. And, yeah, the aliens picked a terrible movie to invade, which is bad, and you can dislike it for that, but remember thats its not the center of the movie. Its like disliking it because the bat is too conveniently located in the final scene.

I feel like people rag on Signs for its religious themes more than any actual flaws. Instead of nitpicking why aliens invaded a planet full of their weakness, I went with the emotional rollercoaster. It's a movie that still makes me cry to this day. But then again, I believe in a higher being. 

• Like 1

Yes!

Fair, I mean, horror films obviously don't tend to be exactly leggy. I'm looking back on my post thinking "darn DAJK, you sound like you have no idea what you're talking about."

Minus previews, the movie did 8.2M for Friday, so if it can stay flat today minus previews. Anything over 8.5 i would be absolutely thrilled at.

• Like 1

I wish Sanaa Lathan, Morris Chestnut and Micheal Ealy could get better roles, they've been grinding for years and have a loyal audience. I dont understand why studios restrict  black actors to just romantic comedies and thrillers, why not sci-fi, drama, fantasy, action and comic book genres?

These movies would do huge business. 

Morris and Michael will both star in TV series this upcoming season at least (Rosewood and Secret & Lies 2)

Sanaa though I hope she can get better roles, she's charismatic. Maybe a TV series too, lots of good roles for women on TV right now

I am aware about not all projects will come through, but as SOC is actual in such high awareness...

‘Straight Outta Compton’ Writer to Adapt Navy SEAL Story ‘Code Name: Johnny Walker’

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/straight-outta-compton-writer-code-name-johnny-walker-1201591982/

• Like 1

It looks like Sony is going to save face this year with their fall slate, it's actually quite solid. They have Hotel Transylvania 2, The Walk, Goosebumps, Spectre, The Night Before, and Concussion on the dock; all should do 50m or more domestically. Spectre is the only one that was a huge expense and I think that is making 1 billion WW off the goodwill from Skyfall. 

Add in The Perfect Guy and War Room,which both should end with atleast 40m and their year doesn't look so dire anymore. 

• Like 2

RECORD, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. No Escape will lose a ton as well.

No record will happen, the market doesn't have 10 other strong movies which would be required for it to lose a record number. If WAYF didn't lose a record number, nothing will.

Besides, a record was set earlier this year for percentage loss with Self/Less and no one noticed.

• Like 2

No record will happen, the market doesn't have 10 other strong movies which would be required for it to lose a record number. If WAYF didn't lose a record number, nothing will.

Besides, a record was set earlier this year for percentage loss with Self/Less and no one noticed.

I did, but people were too busy enjoying Pixels performance  :ph34r:

Either way I want a majestic 2300-2400 TC drop. Not a boring 1500-2000 drop. 

Edited by CJohn