WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates: Maze Runner - 30.3M | Black Mass - 23.4M | Everest - 7.5M | The Visit - 11.4M | Perfect Guy - 9.7M

Well, look on the bright side, by the end of the third film, the franchise will have grossed nearly $1 billion WW for the price of a single Hunger Games film. Not a bad investment if you ask me.

and by the end of the fourth film the thg franchise will have grossed over 3b ww for the price of a single superhero tentpole. ya movies do pretty well

• Like 1

and by the end of the fourth film the thg franchise will have grossed over 3b ww for the price of a single superhero tentpole. ya movies do pretty well

Female-centric YA films do pretty well. We haven't had a male-centric YA film breakout since Harry Potter and that was special case, a whole different ball game.

BTW, I don't know of any superhero tentpole that has a production budget of half a billion dollars (about the cost of 4 THG films).

Female-centric YA films do pretty well. We haven't had a male-centric YA film breakout since Harry Potter and that was special case, a whole different ball game.

BTW, I don't know of any superhero tentpole that has a production budget of half a billion dollars (about the cost of 4 THG films).

Avengers: Infinity War

We all know they are going to split the last MR book into two movies. :ph34r:

The director doesn't want to, so I'm curious as to is they do split it, if he's going to depart; which would be a major loss for the franchise as he delivers arguably its best element: action.

That's two movies, which they are filming together. So not quite $500m for a single superhero tentpole. BTW, I have not heard of this ridiculous budget, so if it's true that is just atrocious.

Have we even heard an early predicted budget for the Infinity duology? And still, how is $500M for the two films "atrocious"? I mean, that would certainly be big, but the reported budgets for the first two Avengers movies combine to almost exactly $500M. (I wonder if that's where the prediction of a $500M budget for this one comes from?)

For perspective, Pirates 2+3 were together budgeted at about $525M, in 2005-06 dollars. Adjusted for inflation, their combined budget would be $600M. (This is adding up the individual numbers on Wikipedia, not using the $450M cost they report for the two films together in a different chart.)

So $500M total for Infinity War would be expensive for sure, but it wouldn't be "atrocious."

Edited by TServo2049

Have we even heard an early predicted budget for the Infinity duology? And still, how is $500M for the two films "atrocious"? I mean, that would certainly be big, but Pirates 2+3 were budgeted at about $525M, in 2005-06 dollars. (Adjusted for inflation, their combined budget would be $600M.)

Those budgets are atrocious too. That's a lot of money to film a movie. A good portion of those budgets went to Depp and RDJ to secure their roles. Pirates was a special case. The complexity of those films required a big budget.

Scorch Trials proves it's not so much how big the budget is that matters, it's how you use it. It cost $60 and looks like it cost twice as much as Insurgent. 

I have to admit, it really looked like a 100-120M+ movie.

Yeah just form the trailers, the scale of Scorch Trials looks fucking huge

Film rebates and tax credits going to good use.