kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals | 48.46 M HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA II | 14.27 M TMR: THE SCORCH TRIALS | 13.24 M EVEREST

I have read in Sony leaked emails that Pixels needed 250M WW and it should end with 230M or so, so not a bad year for Sandler at all.

If you know how much he's getting paid for his Netflix movies...then you know...

Not a bad year at all.

If you know how much he's getting paid for his Netflix movies...then you know...

Not a bad year at all.

I always thought Sony gave way too much to Sandler.

Like Denzel, they are probably the two most over paid actors in Hollywood.

Big stars at home but not really abroad.

I always thought Sony gave way too much to Sandler.

Like Denzel, they are probably the two most over paid actors in Hollywood.

Big stars at home but not really abroad.

Denzel is...reliable. He hits his IRR, reliably, even if he never excels past it. And I feel safe saying...he's the draw that ensures it. So he's still earning it.

Sandler? He's had a few missteps that have changed that scenario. But the budgets of his films have course corrected. Netflix though, might have not gotten the memo.

Denzel is...reliable. He hits his IRR, reliably, even if he never excels past it. And I feel safe saying...he's the draw that ensures it. So he's still earning it.

Sandler? He's had a few missteps that have changed that scenario. But the budgets of his films have course corrected. Netflix though, might have not gotten the memo.

Denzel is worth a lot but not 20m a piece for movies that rarely go over 130m dom and rarely do wonders OS.

Sandler had way bigger hits dom for example, some of his movies adjust to big number, especially his late 90's, early 2000's movies, he really was a huge star in America.

Denzel don't do comedies, he does "I am a fucking bad ass I could just kill you with my stare" movies.

• Like 1

Denzel is worth a lot but not 20m a piece for movies that rarely go over 130m dom and rarely do wonders OS.

Sandler had way bigger hits dom for example, some of his movies adjust to big number, especially his late 90's, early 2000's movies, he really was a huge star in America.

Denzel don't do comedies, he does "I am a fucking bad ass I could just kill you with my stare" movies.

I get what you're saying.

But Denzel is still delivering...Sandler has fallen below that line a bit.

And...well, if we're talking 20m...I would t be surprised if Denzel is compromising a bit there. And well...what do you think Netflix is paying Sandler? I'll give you a hint...

I think it's laughable that people think HT2's success has any relevance whatsoever to Sandler's relevance. It doesn't. Animated films don't do well because of voice actors. HT2 means nothing good or bad for Sandler's stock as a draw. It means he happened to be in a hit animated movie, and that's it. 

I think it's laughable that people think HT2's success has any relevance whatsoever to Sandler's relevance. It doesn't. Animated films don't do well because of voice actors. HT2 means nothing good or bad for Sandler's stock as a draw. It means he happened to be in a hit animated movie, and that's it.

On one hand, the movie is good for Sandler.

On the other hand...you're totally right.

From a studio perspective it is a win for Sandler, he s very involved in HT2, he didn't  just do the voice, he has a writing credit.

Still means bupkis to his box office draw status. The Ridiculous 6 and the Do Over are unlikely to be affected by HT2's success, but very likely to be affected by his string of live action busts. 

Edited by MovieMan89

Still means bupkis to his box office draw status. The Ridiculous 6 and the Do Over are unlikely to be affected by HT2's success, but very likely to be affected by his string of live action busts.

The thing about the Ridiculous 6 is...

We won't really know if it did well. Well, unless...the other three movies don't happen.

Ohmygod guys The Intern is such a cute movie that makes you forget about any and all stresses for 2 hours. It is really great.

There was a scene where 

I thought for a second that DeNiro had died and I was ready to cry. Thankfully he didn't.

Edited by DAJK

Ohmygod guys The Intern is such a cute movie that makes you forget about any and all stresses for 2 hours. It is really great.

There was a scene where 

I thought for a second that DeNiro had died and I was ready to cry. Thankfully he didn't.

You know I once thought that watching Analyze That.

Thankfully, it wasn't true. It also...wasn't great.