WrathOfHan

Weekend Thread | Official estimate: The Martian 55M. Rth Sunday Est Pg43: 13.4M. Gravity will remain October OW record holder.

Some of you talking about Inside Out missing Best Animated Feature, really? Inside Out is more likely to win Best Picture than be not nominated for Best Animated. What could even beat it for best animated?
Anomalisa? The Good Dinosaur?

Then maybe TGD will get shafted. Something kooky will happen as the result of those two competing together, mark my words. 

DreamWorks Animation got both of its 2011 releases nominated in Animated Feature. So that argument is pretty much voided.

Even Ethan liked The Martian, now I'm super excited for my showing tomorrow.

It basically got the same reaction from me and my friends that Interstellar did. Which is to mean we were absolutely stunned by how good the movie was... We were all at a loss of anything to say after the movie

• Like 1

I do see how TGD (if really good/great) and IO can spilt votes for BP noms and IO won't be nominated. Honestly, this year seems to have a lot of populist candidates (MM:FR, IO, TGD(?), Martian, SW(?), anything else I'm missing). Most of those will miss out on BP noms, even if they are deserving. It's why they should have just stuck with a straight 10 noms.

• Like 2

It basically got the same reaction from me and my friends that Interstellar did. Which is to mean we were absolutely stunned by how good the movie was... We were all at a loss of anything to say after the movie

Glad to hear it man.

I can see a split happening if both Pixars are Best Picture worthy, especially with Anomalisa in the mix, but I don't see enough people voting for five other animated movies over one of them

Anomalisa, good point.

I'm not believing Good Dino will do it.

But when it comes to animated...the Academy likes box office. So...Inside Out.

• Like 1

I am here to wake up all of you. The Martian isn't getting Best Picture nomination. Mad Max isn't either. Inside Out and Star Wars won't either.

Also, the meltdown Blanks had when LEGO Movie wasn't nominated was hilarious.

Interstellar had a 4x multiplier. I understand some don't like it, but it is a lie to say it didn't had good WOM.

• Like 2

I am here to wake up all of you. The Martian isn't getting Best Picture nomination. Mad Max isn't either. Inside Out and Star Wars won't either.

Interstellar had a 4x multiplier. I understand some don't like it, but it is a lie to say it didn't had good WOM.

All of this is probably going to be right.

Fury Road should though. It really should. That's such pure fucking cinema right there.

• Like 2

Which is why the Oscars aren't worth shit

• Like 1

I do see how TGD (if really good/great) and IO can spilt votes for BP noms and IO won't be nominated. Honestly, this year seems to have a lot of populist candidates (MM:FR, IO, TGD(?), Martian, SW(?), anything else I'm missing). Most of those will miss out on BP noms, even if they are deserving. It's why they should have just stuck with a straight 10 noms.

Just separate indies into their own category and be done with it. 

All of this is probably going to be right.

Fury Road should though. It really should. That's such pure fucking cinema right there.

Fury Road's director might have an advantage since he is almost as old as most of the Oscar voters. Old people will support one of their own. Just look at the nonstop campaigning Tele has been doing for Fury Road. :ph34r:

Then the Academy has really lost their way if they can't throw one of those a bone. It's basically like discrimination against a movie because it's too mainstream. Nevermind the quality, and nevermind those mainstream movies that used to win are the only reason the Oscars have any relevance whatsoever. The true remembered classics are going to be movies people actually saw 9/10 times. 

• Like 2