WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates: Goosebumps - 23.5M; The Martian - 21.5M; Bridge of Spies - 15.4M; Crimson Peak - 12.9M (Page 1)

The only movie that deserves this critic is the first TF mainly because technology wasn't advanced enough at the time. In all the others what is happening is clear. 

ROTF is horrible, and the action sequences are just as bad. The camera just won't stop, it goes everywhere, it's relentless. There are few moments to take a breath.

Edited by FancyArcher
  • Like 2

The only movie that deserves this critic is the first TF mainly because technology wasn't advanced enough at the time. In all the others what is happening is clear. 

The thing about action is also that you can get away with bad action if your characters are strong. Batman Begins had horrible action choreography but because the movie took the time to build up each and every character before the finale, it wasn't a major issue for anyone. 

• Like 1

Still better than not being able to see what is going on through the entire movie's fight scenes like in PR. They spent all that time designing robots and monsters and then decided to obscure each and every one of them when the time came for actual fights. 

I could see the fighting just fine, actually I think the dark setting  enchanted the visuals, the Tokyo action scene with all that neon was something to behold...

• Like 2

Why is Zack Snyder more successful than GDT?

Because 300 sweaty dudes in thongs and a dull Superman movie with action that makes Michael Bay blush is a lot more appealing to GA than stylistic arthouse-like flicks.

Edited by Ozymandias

The thing about action is also that you can get away with bad action if your characters are strong. Batman Begins had horrible action choreography but because the movie took the time to build up each and every character before the finale, it wasn't a major issue for anyone. 

TDKR also has some awful action choreography. Look at the dude in the left in this gif.

wC8mRoY.gif

I could see the fighting just fine, actually I think the dark setting  enchanted the visuals, the Tokyo action scene with all that neon was something to behold...

Here's the thing, I don't even hate Pacific Rim. I liked it the first time I watched it (Tele can attest to that). I do think it gets praised way too much though.

• Like 1

Still better than not being able to see what is going on through the entire movie's fight scenes like in PR. They spent all that time designing robots and monsters and then decided to obscure each and every one of them when the time came for actual fights. 

That is what was one of the major shortcomings of that movie for me. 

I actually could watch the action scenes in Pacific Rim fine. They were pretty well made, regardless of the night-time aspect. Of course I don't think the decision to shoot during night-time was that great, but it worked well enough for me.

Edited by FancyArcher

Just realized that Crimson Peak was the movie for which Hunnam dropped out of 50 Shades, and I don't think Hunnam gets mentioned in most reviews of the movie at all.

Hunnam did the right thing. 

I also have read somewhere he is shit. He will disappear fast after King Arthur bombs next year.

TDKR also has some awful action choreography. Look at the dude in the left in this gif.

wC8mRoY.gif

who watches God's gift to earthlings (aka Christ Nolan movies) for the action anyway?

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1