5 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Red Tails

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Other than the fact that this is based on a true story and it deals with racism, it's a very pedestrian film. The problem with it is that I really didn't care much for many of the characters and the raw power that the story had to it was completely lost with the director. I wanted to feel for these guys. I wanted to root for them. But it just didn't do it for me.I didn't hate it, but it should have been so much better. The aerial scenes were excellent but not on a Tony Scott level. Maybe Lucas should have asked him to direct the film. 6/10

I probably enjoyed this more than I should have. Maybe I was expecting worse.

But overall, the story was good, the action and effects were very good, but something kept it from being more than just a decent to good film.

Although I do have to admit that for maybe the first time, I heard a woman behind me sobbing when Joe "Lightning" Little died. I mean, the sniffing, balling, snot inducing crying. I was shocked but I guess the movie really worked for her. :P

I give the movie a B

It wasn't a great movie but I enjoyed it. I thought the flying scenes were spectacular although I wished there were more or the scenes were longer. I did get the emotional charge from seeing these men overcome their obstacles to become heroes. But I think the lack of a strong narrative hurts the film. When the story was on the ground, it felt like the cameras were dropping in on the squadron every few weeks and we'd get to see a bit more of the men. It wasn't enough to fully develop the characters. Most of the film centered around Julian and Little and we didn't really get to know too much about either, just bits and pieces of their backgrounds.

B-

Other than the fact that this is based on a true story and it deals with racism, it's a very pedestrian film. The problem with it is that I really didn't care much for many of the characters and the raw power that the story had to it was completely lost with the director. I wanted to feel for these guys. I wanted to root for them. But it just didn't do it for me.I didn't hate it, but it should have been so much better. The aerial scenes were excellent but not on a Tony Scott level. Maybe Lucas should have asked him to direct the film.6/10

When you say that Tony Scott should have directed the aerial shots do you mean his usual google earth rip off shots of the stuff on the ground or actual airplane stuff ?Can't recall him ever doing those much less with some flare Edited by Crusader

When you say that Tony Scott should have directed the aerial shots do you mean his usual google earth rip off shots of the stuff on the ground or actual airplane stuff ?Can't recall him ever doing those much less with some flare

Tony Scott added drama to the Top Gun aerial scenes. The dog fights in this needed more of his style.