Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

13 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

wut.

Just skeptical about that movie, I guess. I kinda think people will just shrug at it and think there's way too much Spider-Man stuff out there. Let's see if a trailer makes me change my mind.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

Just skeptical about that movie, I guess. I kinda think people will just shrug at it and think there's way too much Spider-Man stuff out there. Let's see if a trailer makes me change my mind.

I kind of agree with you here. Unless they do something really interesting with the style, it'll just be a shittier looking version of a normal SM movie. I can see 150M tops at this stage; if the trailer looks good then I'll reconsider but I just don't think it's a good idea for a movie.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arlborn said:

6 hours ago, AABATTERY said:

I kind of agree with you here. Unless they do something really interesting with the style, it'll just be a shittier looking version of a normal SM movie. I can see 150M tops at this stage; if the trailer looks good then I'll reconsider but I just don't think it's a good idea for a movie.

This is a Spider-Man movie containing Miles Morales as the main star which could make it more of a draw.

11 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

It's also a normal animation, right?

True, but it has Christmas legs and could be like Sing where everyone underpredicts this. With a black superhero and Phil Lord and Chris Miller it will bring more adults in.

18 minutes ago, YourMother said:

True, but it has Christmas legs and could be like Sing where everyone underpredicts this. With a black superhero and Phil Lord and Chris Miller it will bring more adults in.

Yeah but... It's old-fashioned animation, right? I mean, hand-drawn, 2D, I don't know how they call it these days. Those don't tend to bring in a lot of people anymore, do they?

Just now, Arlborn said:

Yeah but... It's old-fashioned animation, right? I mean, hand-drawn, 2D, I don't know how they call it these days. Those don't tend to bring in a lot of people anymore, do they?

Nope, the normal CG animation.

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Both were still better than Avatar.

lol, see you at the midnight release.

It honestly feels like the Avatar hate is a retaliation against poor ironjimbo.. I bet you guys have a copy of the dvd/blu-ray of Avatar in your house.

Just now, IronJimbo said:

lol, see you at the midnight release.

It honestly feels like the Avatar hate is a retaliation against poor ironjimbo.. I bet you guys have a copy of the dvd/blu-ray of Avatar in your house.

I'll see you too. Got Avatar on my tablet and Blu Ray, and I still love it but have you seen either of the Lego Movies?

Just now, YourMother said:

I'll see you too. Got Avatar on my tablet and Blu Ray, and I still love it but have you seen either of the Lego Movies?

Yeah I liked the "everything is awesome" one. I just knew the kids line would annoy lego fans.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, YourMother said:

SW>JW=Lego>Marvel>DC>Avatar

Yeah I haven't see Lego Batman yet to really rank Lego into the order.  Hopefully in the next couple days I will and then I'll update my list accordingly :)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

No.

me neither.  Never needed it.  I watched it in 3d when it was in the theaters, wasn't impressed by it.  Saw it again on HBO or whatever channel it was in HD which was ok too, but that was enough viewings for me.  

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1