Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

This really demonstrates WB's strategy though. Short term gain vs long term build-up. Their desire for fast money ruined their chance of making their own Avengers level cash cow.

That is it in a nutshell. Marvel did not rush things, took it's time to build up to "The Avengers" DC  got too hungry for "Avengers" level profits,tried to take shortcuts and it fairled. Maybe starting with a team with the individual films later might have worked if it was better executed, but that is the wonderful world of what if's.

I am amused by the Snyder Cultist who proclaim the Snyder not being in total charge of JL is why the movie disspaointed at the Box Office.

I also notice they are beginning to blame Geoff Johns for all that was wrong with the DC universe. Anything to avoid adminting reality:a great many DC fans and the GA did  not like Snyder's take on the DC Universe. THey gave him two chances..MOS and BvS, and then basically struck him out on the Third swing...

Edited by dudalb

I really think not having the screen rights to most of their "A" level charecters with other companies might have been an advantage in the end to Marvel. They had to be careful, they had to delvier a good product, they could not get lazy and say "Well, Spidey or the X men are so popular all we need to do is show their faces on the screen and the Money will roll in".

Now ,of course, if the Disney/Fox deal goes through,Marvel studios will pretty much have it all. Even if Fox Studios remains ain independent company under the Disney umbrella (most likely scenario) Feige will be able to get permission to use the Fox Owend character sin the MCU< a la Spidey .

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I am amused by the Snyder Cultist who proclaim the Snyder not being in total charge of JL is why the movie disspaointed at the Box Office.

I also notice they are beginning to blame Geoff Johns for all that was wrong with the DC universe. Anything to avoid adminting reality:a great many DC fans and the GA did  not like Snyder's take on the DC Universe. THey gave him two chances..MOS and BvS, and then basically struck him out on the Third swing...

Zack Snyder always delivered gorgeous, epic looking movies to DC. He knows how to create hype and deliver a great opening weekend. MOS = $129 million, BVS = $166 million.

When you cut his scenes, and you ruin his remained scenes (see pictures below), and you disrespect the millions of DC fans by calling their beloved movies a mistake, you can't blame Snyder for Justice League's disastrous box office opening.

T9D9LRf.gif

It's like you hire me to bake a cake for your birthday, and make a beautiful chocolate cake, but you don't like the taste. Then you hire someone else to fix it, and that person makes a frosting out his literal poop, and now your cake tastes and smell of shit, and now your guests don't want to eat it. Oh well, my chocolate cake may not taste have taste good but at least it looked great and people would want to eat it, even if they would be disappointed by the taste after. At least they would have proven it. Now no one wants to come near your cake. And your guests want to blame me?

That's exactly the same thing that happened with Justice League.

Oh well, my chocolate cake may not taste have taste good but at least it looked great and people would want to eat it, even if they would be disappointed by the taste after.

I think Napoleon is finally admitting Snyder didn't make good movies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Sand-omJC said:

I think Napoleon is finally admitting Snyder didn't make good movies.

Nah, he is blaming just everybody else for the failure of the Snyderverse.

His attempts to spin the box office results for BvS are amusing:he talks about the big opening weekend, but is pretty quiet about how weak the films legs were.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Nah, he is blaming just everybody else for the failure of the Snyderverse.

His attempts to spin the box office results for BvS are amusing:he talks about the big opening weekend, but is pretty quiet about how weak the films legs were.

No...I don't think so. His analogy pretty much says that these movies look pretty, but aren't actually good.