Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

This year had a lot of quality CBMs.  Civil War was better than all of them.  It's top tier.

I haven't loved a Cameron movie since the first Terminator and Terminator 2 was the last one I really liked.

Logan, GV2, WW, Kingsman and Thor say otherwise.

Titanic is a classic. Also Aliens

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

With Geoff Johns and Jon Berg being fired from DC Films there's still hope WB don't go forward with the idea of Matthew Vaughn directing Superman. Don't panic yet.

Kingsman 2 > BVS

1 hour ago, Captain Craig said:

If this post is an attempt at juxtaposing it's a fail.

Generic Alien spaceship in orbit. Ohh, Ahh....shit, I've seen better designed ships on various sci-fi shows.

I have CW in the BvS pot.

16 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Logan, GV2, WW, Kingsman and Thor say otherwise.

Titanic is a classic. Also Aliens

Nah, and of those I'd only put Thor: Ragnarok  in the conversation.

Aliens came out pre Terminator 2.    It's very good, but Alien is the classic.

Titanic - Jack! Rose! Jack! Rose! I promise. I will never let go, Jack. I'll never let go. Glub. Glub.  Pft.

Edited by TalismanRing

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Titanic - Jack! Rose! Jack! Rose! I promise. I will never let go, Jack. I'll never let go. Glub. Glub.   Pft.

That scene had more emotion in it than any scene from CW.

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Nah, and of those I'd only put Thor: Ragnarok  in the conversation.

Wrong.

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

That scene had more emotion in it than any scene from CW.

The only emotion it engendered was confusion that she couldn't make room.  But then she's a spoiled rich girl who grows to be a spoiled old lady who throws away a multi million dollar rock instead of donating it to charity.   I'll save my sympathy for all the dead children in steerage.

Wrong.

No-Cards.jpg

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

I feel like doing a list..... but not a typical list. Not something that gets ranked all the time here (Star Wars, MCU, DCEU, Harry Potter, etc.).

LORD OF THE RINGS BITCHES

Fellowship Of The Ring

Return Of The King

Two Towers

Desolation Of Smaug

Battle Of The Five Armies

An Unexpected Journey

The OT is some of the best blockbuster filmmaking ever made, especially Fellowship and ROTK. Hobbit movies aren't bad either, but far messier. Never seen the animated flick from the 90's.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I feel like doing a list..... but not a typical list. Not something that gets ranked all the time here (Star Wars, MCU, DCEU, Harry Potter, etc.).

LORD OF THE RINGS BITCHES

Fellowship Of The Ring

Return Of The King

Two Towers

Desolation Of Smaug

Battle Of The Five Armies

An Unexpected Journey

The OT is some of the best blockbuster filmmaking ever made, especially Fellowship and ROTK. Hobbit movies aren't bad either, but far messier. Never seen the animated flick from the 90's.

I love, love, love the 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy. My favorite movies of all time.

But, 'The Hobbit' trilogy... I can't... even with all the good will in the world! These three movies are exactly what the prequels were for Star Wars.

I didn't like the first 'Harry Potter' prequel, 'Fantastic Beasts', either.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SpiritComix said:

I love, love, love the 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy. My favorite movies of all time.

But, 'The Hobbit' trilogy... I can't... even with all the good will in the world! These three movies are exactly what the prequels were for Star Wars.

I didn't like the first 'Harry Potter' prequel, 'Fantastic Beasts', either.

Maybe in terms of quality decrease they are, but I do not think that the Hobbit movies are as bad as the SW prequels. ROTS is the only one of the SW prequels I'd put ahead of any Hobbit movie (I'd put it above Unexpected Journey, and around on par, if not a little better, than Five Armies; it doesn't beat Smaug, though). The Hobbit movies may be visually shallow and very uneven in terms of pacing and stakes, but they still have interesting, fun characters and actual traits of personality that the SW prequels don't even dream of having imo.

I also thought Fantastic Beasts was decent. Sure, very cinematic universe-ish, "let's set up a world as our top priority"-like, but the heart of the story was pretty charming.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Maybe in terms of quality decrease they are, but I do not think that the Hobbit movies are as bad as the SW prequels. ROTS is the only one of the SW prequels I'd put ahead of any Hobbit movie (I'd put it above Unexpected Journey, and around on par, if not a little better, than Five Armies; it doesn't beat Smaug, though). The Hobbit movies may be visually shallow and very uneven in terms of pacing and stakes, but they still have interesting, fun characters and actual traits of personality that the SW prequels don't even dream of having imo.

I also thought Fantastic Beasts was decent. Sure, very cinematic universe-ish, "let's set up a world as our top priority"-like, but the heart of the story was pretty charming.

Good point of views! :) 

• Like 1