Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

Outside the generic what is really popular and loved will often find resistance (the first Star Wars got a lot of hate for similar reason), some that was generated in particular for Avatar:

3D I think, being such a massive success made it almost certain that a vague of 3D movie will be made, maybe even this time a permanent shift toward that format, for people disliking (or physically uncomfortable with it) some of that hate toward the format got transferred toward the movie that raised is popularity.

Some rooted for the humans I would guess and did find both the never showing earth suffering of climate change / spirit-religion being real as an easy way out and made the movie a bit of a irritating watch. Attached to the root for the humans, the theme of the movie are quite strong and quite the attack in some ways on politics many support (and/or are beneficiary off), can make it an hard watch.

For this one, I would think how close as a reference to trope/movies they knew, Star Wars was heavily influenced by more obscure material to audience than Dance With the Wolves narrative and there is a group of people up there that like to think they watch movies for the story and that all that matter (even when they watch 200m movies.... they like to think it is all about the story), even if some of them are Big Lebowski fans and would have an hard time telling you what is the story in that movie.

Barnack, I can say with the upmost sincerity that you are by far my favorite poster on this board, and that your analysis and insights always brighten my day.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

I think the last 2 POTA movies surpassed the CGI in Avatar by a fair margin, but agreed they do hold up well considering their age. 

Good thing that those responsible for the outstanding POTA's CGI are also the A-team working on Avatar sequels. Also the screenwriters team behind the POTA trilogy (Rick Jaffa & Amanda Silver) were part of the scripting team that helped JC write Avatar sequels, at least the third entry which is supposed to be shot alongside the second entry.

• Like 2

Just now, dashrendar44 said:

Good thing that those responsible for the outstanding POTA's CGI are also the A-team working on Avatar sequels. Also the screenwriters team behind the POTA trilogy (Rick Jaffa & Amanda Silver) were part of the scripting team that helped JC write Avatar sequels, at least the third entry which is supposed to be shot alongside the second entry.

Very happy to hear this re: the CGI. I hope we see them go onto even greater heights because really the apes franchise was brilliant. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dashrendar44 said:

The screen writing process for Avatar is really interesting, you would hope that Star Wars would have done something similar for their new trilogy but we've heard that not to be the case. For those who don't know Jim got a small team of top screen writers together and went through a plot outline with them for the entire Avatar saga. He decided not to tell them which films they were being selected for until it was time to start writing, in hope that the films align with the overall meta-narrative because they all knew the whole story. My favourite part though (which is why Avatar got delayed further) was that once the screen writers had finished, Jim went through all four scripts for an entire year to make changes.

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I could look I imagine but was Peter Jackson middle earth process something similar ? Boyen wrote on all of them.

I'm not sure but I do know that Peter Jackson and Jim are friends and that Jim wanted to imitate how Jackson did the production for the LOTR trilogy.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Just go with the flow and think about hamburgers, man :apocalypse:

:apocalypse:

Edited by DMan7
  • Disbelief 1

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:37 AM, ZeeSoh said:

:hahaha:

JC fanboys are hilarious

Their implication that  "If You Are Not A Cameron Fan You Are Anti Enviornment" is particularly amusing.

You can agree with Cameron on environmental issues, but think that he handled in a very clumsy and ham handed way. Many People who agree with Cameron did not like having him beat them on the head with the issue.

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

"If You Are Not A Cameron Fan You Are Anti Enviornment" is particularly amusing.

And I am not sure if my logic make sense or my brain is making some weird shortcut, but from 3d conversion, to 3d TV system sold because of it, people upgrading to bluray, etc... Avatar could be the movie that created the most pollution of all time.

Edited by Barnack
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Their implication that  "If You Are Not A Cameron Fan You Are Anti Enviornment" is particularly amusing.

You can agree with Cameron on environmental issues, but think that he handled in a very clumsy and ham handed way. Many People who agree with Cameron did not like having him beat them on the head with the issue.

I dont mind Cameron or his movies. In fact I like/love most of his movies (T2, Titanic are some of most favourite movies of all time) But his fanboys here are so annoying it actively puts me off anything to do with Cameron especially Avatar. 

Avatar has always annoyed me because I could never root for primitive blue aliens over humans. Would have probably liked it otherwise.

Humans better annihilate the entire race in the sequel.

Edited by Goffe

58 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I dont mind Cameron or his movies. In fact I like/love most of his movies (T2, Titanic are some of most favourite movies of all time) But his fanboys here are so annoying it actively puts me off anything to do with Cameron especially Avatar. 

Funny, because people who use ableist slurs put me off just about everything they do... and I'd take that over light annoyance any day of the week. 

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

Cameron is at his best when he is just trying to tell a good,exciting story. When he tries to get more "serious" and push a message it's a mess, frankly.

1 hour ago, Goffe said:

Avatar has always annoyed me because I could never root for primitive blue aliens over humans. Would have probably liked it otherwise.

Humans better annihilate the entire race in the sequel.

Let me guess, American? Invading others territory isn't a good thing.

The Na'vi were an allegory for the best in humans by the way, surprised you didn't pick up on that.

Edited by IronJimbo

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

Well that's just a false implication, I'm confused to why you would think that to be honest.

Edited by IronJimbo