Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

15 hours ago, Barnack said:

That is more than fair enough, but not sure where the issue with him posting that message yet or being an asshole to go to the 70s interpretation.

Oh, well, I don't really care about Snyder's pic, or anything, just a reason to bring it up. I'm just in general of 40 years of Christ metaphor for Superman.

• Like 1

Now people will keep saying shits about Avatar. When the trailer is dropped tho, they probably won't shut up about it and will watch it anyway. That is just how people are nowadays: hypocrites.

well said youtube user Ginanjar

5 minutes ago, AJG said:

So..... they know they’re scrapping this the moment Marvel get their hands on Fox, right?

Not necessarily. Feige has said for 6 years now that GOTG unlocked the Cosmic Marvel for the MCU and with that franchise winding up in 2020, they want to further exploit that corner. Not to mention they've already casually namedropped that stuff related to them back with the first movie. Considering alot of Phase 4 will be sequels (Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, Ant-Man 3, Dr. Strange 2, etc.), I wouldn't be shocked if we don't get new MCU-ized franchises in the Fox stuff from Fantastic Four/X-Men/whatever until Phase 5. Of course Feige has also claimed they're not going to take that stuff into consideration for how to mingle it with the MCU until the merger is complete.*

It would be nuts if they beat WB/DC's New Gods movie to theaters with Kirby's (I'll admit not as good) New Gods retread he continued at Marvel after DC cancelled his New Gods stuff.  

*=I think it's a slight exaggeration that he and his people haven't thought about this stuff. If stories are to be believed, one reason why he didn't want to do an Inhumans movie was because he had hopes that someday they could get the X-Men film rights back or make some deal with Fox. I wouldn't be shocked if his people had casually thought "gee what if..." in the meantime. Then with the merger news, they've surely thought more about it because why wouldn't you? It's like with the Spider-Man/Sony stuff, Feige at some point doing those long protracted talks must've thought "well if I did get him...." because that would explain how they were able to quickly jump into action and figure him into CIVIL WAR and how generally to book him in the MCU. Anyway once the merger is complete, then they can make concrete plans. But I'm not speaking as an insider, I'm speaking with informed speculation. Nothing more. 

22 minutes ago, AJG said:

So..... they know they’re scrapping this the moment Marvel get their hands on Fox, right?

I don’t think its allowed to have one movie studio winning every year and have more movie releases than other studios. Basically if they get FOX the release windows will be too short and they are pretty much gonna cannibalize their own movies. 

5 minutes ago, svenson said:

I don’t think its allowed to have one movie studio winning every year and have more movie releases than other studios. Basically if they get FOX the release windows will be too short and they are pretty much gonna cannibalize their own movies. 

Well they are purchasing Fox for the purpose of competing against Netflix and other online streaming services by having such other library for their own Streaming services.

8 minutes ago, svenson said:

There's no law against them being ahead every year.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, manny1234 said:

Well they are purchasing Fox for the purpose of competing against Netflix and other online streaming services by having such other library for their own Streaming services.

So they are gonna scrap every “normal” movie from FOX and only go with the franchises. Disney really is an evil regime isn’t it. They want to have their greedy hands on everything. Still think this deal will go south because some wise one higher up will see this will ruin the industry. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

There's no law against them being ahead every year.

I thought their were laws against something like this. That one big corporation owning so much while nobody can compete against them. 

1 minute ago, svenson said:

So they are gonna scrap every “normal” movie from FOX and only go with the franchises. 

There’s no indication that this would happen.

1 minute ago, svenson said:

So they are gonna scrap every “normal” movie from FOX and only go with the franchises. Disney really is an evil regime isn’t it. They want to have their greedy hands on everything. Still think this deal will go south because some wise one higher up will see this will ruin the industry. 

:apocalypse:

I don't agree and I feel it will go up north the deal. 

3 minutes ago, svenson said:

I thought their were laws against something like this. That one big corporation owning so much while nobody can compete against them. 

Those are monopoly laws. The problem with this thinking is that even when Disney own Fox it won’t be a monopoly as there’s already multiple other companies making movies. 

4 minutes ago, AJG said:

Those are monopoly laws. The problem with this thinking is that even when Disney own Fox it won’t be a monopoly as there’s already multiple other companies making movies. 

We have Entertainment Studios, Neon, and other new studios rising that are having great success with movies at the box office so in no way it would be a monopoly but if they purchase another movie studio like say Sony then that would raise a red flag.

Disney + Fox had just over a third of the market between them last year. It's a lot and it probably shouldn't be allowed to go through, but it's not a monopoly by any means.

Plus studios are pretty cyclical. In 2011 Paramount was the top dog, and you can see where they're at now.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

But they can’t compete with them because of all their established franchises. I see something very wrong with this. Also how are Disney gonna manage all these movies in the theaters when they as you say will still release FOX movies too on top of all these franchises Lucasfilm, MCU, Pixar soon Avatar, x-men, Alien ect. Are they gonna open these movies in the same week or a week after which will then practically cannibalize their own movies. 

5 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Disney + Fox had just over a third of the market between them last year. It's a lot and it probably shouldn't be allowed to go through, but it's not a monopoly by any means.

Plus studios are pretty cyclical. In 2011 Paramount was the top dog, and you can see where they're at now.

sad but this, thanks goodness Jim is Jim otherwise they would try to ruin the Avatar sequels. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

sad but this, thanks goodness Jim is Jim otherwise they would try to ruin the Avatar sequels. 

Disney has a good relationship with Jim especially with the Avatar theme park at Disney.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Disney + Fox had just over a third of the market between them last year. It's a lot and it probably shouldn't be allowed to go through.

This!

I hope some people higher up realize this.