Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

16 hours ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

All Marvel are mediocre and all feel the same. There is no difference. 

Avatar is Cameron’s weakest film 

nobody gives shit about this post and nobody cares about your reply 

I agree with these points of your post ;) 

well most of the Marvel stuff.  They have a few really good ones

Edited by 75Live

1 hour ago, 75Live said:

I agree with these points of your post ;) 

well most of the Marvel stuff.  They have a few really good ones

Haha yeah, I totally agree. It really is his weakest film.. actually have lots of reasons why... shall we discuss this further at the midnight release?

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

The State of the Star Wars Fanbase right now.

283j5c.jpg

People defending Poe/Holdo forget one thing: why didn’t she tell other officers, like I don’t know many of those on the bridge (like Billie Lourd) who helped Poe’s little coup? Apparently they weren’t let in on this secret either. Opps.

3 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Not unpopular. That one is the most criticized and hasn't held up that well. 

Better than most MCU movies (and on par with Avengers/BP/CW/Iron Man/TWS) and DC hasn’t made a movie as good as that since then.

Now that’s how you do a hot take.

Avatar is certainly Jim's weakest film is we take it from the perspective of subjectively disliked and talked about in a negative light by Anglo-Centric internet posting people. 

If we're going by the only objective measure of a movie's worth though money in the bank, then it's nonsense.  

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Avatar is certainly Jim's weakest film is we take it from the perspective of subjectively disliked and talked about in a negative light by Anglo-Centric internet posting people. 

If we're going by the only objective measure of a movie's worth though money in the bank, then it's nonsense.  

The whole idea that the only way a movie can be judged is by it's box office take  is pure nonsense.

And, anyway, I think you are just another Cameron fanboy with some crappy intelleictual pretensions.

1 hour ago, RRA said:

People defending Poe/Holdo forget one thing: why didn’t she tell other officers, like I don’t know many of those on the bridge (like Billie Lourd) who helped Poe’s little coup? Apparently they weren’t let in on this secret either. Opps.

That is not the point of my post lol.

I am saying that the factions within in the SW fandom are like universes apart now lol. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The whole idea that the only way a movie can be judged is by it's box office take  is pure nonsense.

And, anyway, I think you are just another Cameron fanboy with some crappy intelleictual pretensions.

It can only be objectively judged on the box office. Is your reading comprehension so poor? 

"Location: Sacramento"... ah is the infamous modern American education system rearing its ugly head again? 

As for your banal ad hominem... try again, I've stated many times before, I am no "fan" of Cameron. I study the man's life and work, a key difference.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

It can only be objectively judged on the box office. Is your reading comprehension so poor? 

"Location: Sacramento"... ah is the infamous modern American education system rearing its ugly head again? 

As for your banal ad hominem... try again, I've stated many times before, I am no "fan" of Cameron. I study the man's life and work, a key difference.  

Your intellectual snobbery is noted.

And what the hell do you mean by "Anglo Celtic Internet posting: anyway...

And pretty clear your mantra about "I am not a fan,buy a scholar" is not fooling anybody.

So you are saying a film caanot be artistically judged?

And the logical end of your "Objective" judgement is that if a film  does not make money, it means it is a bad film....

11 hours ago, AndyK said:

Your on the wrong site for books.

A film franchise is one with three or more movies.

It was mostly a joke since some people call Avatar a franchise. 

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

2 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

But an Anglo person has to be savior. The white man has to be the savior in Cameron film. It be nice if the Blue man group won with out any help. 

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia