Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

22 minutes ago, That One Guy Has Malaria said:

But this is a site primarily for discussing box office?

And? Discussing the box office doesn't mean I have to respect movies for having a great box office run and nothing else. Are you guys really having that much difficulty wrapping your head around that?

Edited by Haley Ross

Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 18th September 2016 – Another Clean Sweep For DC Comics

Hello folks! Another week, another smash for DC Comics, in which the second issue ofScott Lobdell‘s Red Hood comic outsells ever Marvel comic book by far.

1. All Star Batman #2

2. Detective Comics #940

3. Flash #6

4. Suicide Squad #2

5. Wonder Woman #6

6. Doom Patrol #1

7. Action Comics #963

8. Green Lanterns #6

9. Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps #4

10. Red Hood and the Outlaws #2

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/09/18/bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-18th-september-2016-another-clean-sweep-for-dc-comics/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Every title in the top 10 is DC :lol:

They're destroying the competition :lol:

• Like 1

On 9/12/2016 at 9:20 PM, vc2002 said:

New vid from Every Frame a Painting analyzing the funtional but unmemorable music in Marvel films.

There's an interesting follow-up by Dan Golding, which goes more into detail about temp-tracking history, and specifically Hans Zimmer influence on film scoring as a whole. While Zimmer being the first guy to incorporate synth is very wrong, it's still an interesting video nonetheless. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Haley Ross said:

And? Discussing the box office doesn't mean I have to respect movies for having a great box office run and nothing else. Are you guys really having that much difficulty wrapping your head around that?

Did the movie touch in you inappropriately? Kill your family? Why such hostility? It's a movie that is honestly just ok at best with a nice run after it. You can turn down fanboyism, it's okay that SS is doing well, it's not the end of the world, and it doesn't mean the MCU isn't going to exist tomorrow.

You don't have to respect anything to give it credit. Credit is just acknowledgement it did something. It's okay, the world isn't ending because a movie you didn't like made money.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RandomJC said:

Did the movie touch in you inappropriately? Kill your family? Why such hostility? It's a movie that is honestly just ok at best with a nice run after it. You can turn down fanboyism, it's okay that SS is doing well, it's not the end of the world, and it doesn't mean the MCU isn't going to exist tomorrow.

You don't have to respect anything to give it credit. Credit is just acknowledgement it did something. It's okay, the world isn't ending because a movie you didn't like made money.

Why is it that many of you here are so quick to patronize whenever you read something you don't like? "Did the movie touch you inappropriately?" Really, did you think that was clever?

Anyway, the hostility very simply comes from that this is the 3rd straight movie that the DCEU has released that has been very mediocre. I want them to do better. But they're not going to be any better if their movies keep making money just like the Transformers. Hey, if you all are happy with SS and DCEU in general, more power to you but I'm not. Nothing more to it than that. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Haley Ross said:

Why is it that many of you here are so quick to patronize whenever you read something you don't like? "Did the movie touch you inappropriately?" Really, did you think that was clever?

Anyway, the hostility very simply comes from that this is the 3rd straight movie that the DCEU has released that has been very mediocre. I want them to do better. But they're not going to be any better if their movies keep making money just like the Transformers. Hey, if you all are happy with SS and DCEU in general, more power to you but I'm not. Nothing more to it than that. 

Clever enough. I'm just saying you're over reacting. You are acting like the movie has done something terrible to you personally. Besides that taste is incredibly subjective, you aren't even acting like you want them to improve, you're acting more like you're interested in tearing them down.

But you know, stones, glass houses, boring analogies. Nothing I'm saying you'll actually take the time to think about, instead you'll either ignore me, or come back with something that you will think is clever, all the while making assumptions to my beliefs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

Something to keep in mind next time you see some headline about some creative person saying DC is better than Marvel or vice versa -- a lot of the time headlines (and even the thrust of the article) is invented purely for page-clicks.

http://markspatny.webs.com/apps/blog/show/44173998-setting-the-record-straight

Wow, what a mess they've made of that interview, like, seriously, what the hell. They just straight up lied in that article, honestly a bit disgusted by that.

2 hours ago, RandomJC said:

Clever enough. I'm just saying you're over reacting. You are acting like the movie has done something terrible to you personally. Besides that taste is incredibly subjective, you aren't even acting like you want them to improve, you're acting more like you're interested in tearing them down.

But you know, stones, glass houses, boring analogies. Nothing I'm saying you'll actually take the time to think about, instead you'll either ignore me, or come back with something that you will think is clever, all the while making assumptions to my beliefs.

I'm tearing them down because they don't seem to be interested in improving let alone accomplishing the task. The more money SS for instance makes, the more I see people wanting to cover up how panned it was by the audience as well as the critics. They shouldn't have to. Their movies are getting worse, not better. Like Gunn, I want all the movies to be good. The DCEU is going the way of the Transformers and yes, that offends me as a fan and as a movie watcher. I'm sorry you can't understand my hostility but I won't apologize for being hostile. 

• Like 1