Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, Haley Ross said:

I'm tearing them down because they don't seem to be interested in improving let alone accomplishing the task. The more money SS for instance makes, the more I see people wanting to cover up how panned it was by the audience as well as the critics. They shouldn't have to. Their movies are getting worse, not better. Like Gunn, I want all the movies to be good. The DCEU is going the way of the Transformers and yes, that offends me as a fan and as a movie watcher. I'm sorry you can't understand my hostility but I won't apologize for being hostile. 

I've come to terms with that a loooong looooong time now.

1 minute ago, Haley Ross said:

I'm tearing them down because they don't seem to be interested in improving let alone accomplishing the task. The more money SS for instance makes, the more I see people wanting to cover up how panned it was by the audience as well as the critics. They shouldn't have to. Their movies are getting worse, not better. Like Gunn, I want all the movies to be good. The DCEU is going the way of the Transformers and yes, that offends me as a fan and as a movie watcher. I'm sorry you can't understand my hostility but I won't apologize for being hostile. 

Well, no accounting for people's tastes. Plenty of people think SS is better than BvS, in fact the general consensus is that SS is an improvement over BvS.

Being hostile isn't going to make anyone see you're point of view, it's just going to make them dig their heels in. People don't like being yelled at and being told their wrong, so being hostile isn't going to make WB or DC change. 

You aren't going to convince anyone here of your point as long as you're being rude and disrespectful, and no one from the studio will ever see it. So yes, I can't understand why you're being hostile, it serves no purpose what so ever here. If you don't like it, you can move on, find something that makes you happy, and you can be happy.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Haley Ross said:

Wish I did. 

I realized that DCeU could be like the Transformers movie when it got 55% on RT which is very close to the first Transformers RT score as well. At that time when BvS was announced I said that it would get a similar score to the 2nd Transformers movie on RT 19% and lo and behold it was quite similar as well. SS also was very close in RT score to Transformers 3 which had 35%. So far the DCeU at least from the critical point of view is going lockstep with the TF movies.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Haley Ross said:

...because they don't seem to be interested in improving

Two assumptions here: one, that they aren't interested in "improving" (however you choose to define that), and two, that they should "improve" by adjusting to your specific tastes.

I don't have much interest in the DCEU at large (and Snyder does nothing for me), but the universe has been through many cinematic interpretations before and it'll go through a great deal more throughout the rest of our lives.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Haley Ross said:

Yeah, and you know what?  People like Transformers and they like the DCEU just the way it is.  Being hostile is dumb, that's the reason we have this thread, because too many people take this shit WAY too fucking seriously. 

They're just movies.  Root for the ones you like, but tearing down ones you don't isn't going to do anything.  No one here can do anything about these movies, so you're yelling at nobody.

• Like 4

I just don't understand people who keep moaning on the internet about studios not making movies the way they want. Especially in this case where the DCEU has so many fans. I don't like to judge, but this is the type of thing that makes you look like a spoiled child. The rest of the World is not here to please you. You're not special.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandomJC said:

Well, no accounting for people's tastes. Plenty of people think SS is better than BvS, in fact the general consensus is that SS is an improvement over BvS.

Being hostile isn't going to make anyone see you're point of view, it's just going to make them dig their heels in. People don't like being yelled at and being told their wrong, so being hostile isn't going to make WB or DC change. 

You aren't going to convince anyone here of your point as long as you're being rude and disrespectful, and no one from the studio will ever see it. So yes, I can't understand why you're being hostile, it serves no purpose what so ever here. If you don't like it, you can move on, find something that makes you happy, and you can be happy.

SS is more fun than Batman v Superman and just as mediocre hence the reviews being just as terrible if not worse. Being hostile has nothing to do with anyone else seeing my point or agreeing with it. I'm just expressing my anger at it all and from what I've been told by the admins, this is the only place for it. 

I'm not looking to change WB/DC from here with some complaints. I'm hoping that they start losing money at the box office so as they will improve but the success of SS has made that much more unlikely.

7 hours ago, Haley Ross said:

Anyway, the hostility very simply comes from that this is the 3rd straight movie that the DCEU has released that has been very mediocre.

Marvel's on a...

*counts*

Seven mediocre film streak, I think. Or nine, I suppose.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

Two assumptions here: one, that they aren't interested in "improving" (however you choose to define that), and two, that they should "improve" by adjusting to your specific tastes.

I don't have much interest in the DCEU at large (and Snyder does nothing for me), but the universe has been through many cinematic interpretations before and it'll go through a great deal more throughout the rest of our lives.

They're not assumptions. Batman v Superman was delayed almost a year and it was critically panned like Green Lantern and not mixed like Man of Steel's. Three years and they made it much worse, doubling down on what didn't work. It's word of mouth was so bad, its domestic multiplier is unmentionable. They do reshoots of Suicide Squad in a panic and its very similarily critically panned. These are not accidents, these are consistent patterns of as the main bad guy in Beverly Hills Cop 2 said, neolithic incompetence or do you think it was entirely a coincidence they embargoed the reviews until the week it was released? You don't have much interest in the DCEU at large, but I do and I pay attention. It's not simply my "specific tastes" they're not pleasing.

4 hours ago, Rallax said:

Yeah, and you know what?  People like Transformers and they like the DCEU just the way it is. 

Yeah, and you know what? I don't give a shit. I don't like Transformers and they like the DCEU just the way it is.

9 minutes ago, Haley Ross said:

They're not assumptions. ... You don't have much interest in the DCEU at large, but I do and I pay attention. It's not simply my "specific tastes" they're not pleasing.

There are people who very much do love the current DCEU, though. Why are their tastes invalid while yours (or mine) aren't? If you're frustrated by this current version, isn't it easier just to step away and find something else to enjoy until the inevitable reboot? Otherwise you're basically just wallowing in a bunch of stuff that constantly makes you angry.

20 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

13th. :ph34r:

Sorry, 11th. TIH was terrible. Least it broke the streak.

HA!

For me, Thor was fantastic. And CAP1 did a lot of things great, even if it was the first film that showcased how badly Marvel would get with their third acts. So that's why I'd say nine. If I drop it down to seven, it mostly depends on how charitable I'm feeling towards IM3, which I like a lot, but, again, has that third act problem.

I suppose if I want to be uncharitable, I could say Marvel doesn't even have a mediocre movie streak, because the last three films are just... bad films.

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

It didn't prevent Suicide Squad from being a massive box office hit, so I don't think we need to care about them.

When it comes to these movies you're like some of those Trump voters in that LOL NOTHING MATTERS

popularity doesn't mean you're not shit

39 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

HA!

For me, Thor was fantastic. And CAP1 did a lot of things great, even if it was the first film that showcased how badly Marvel would get with their third acts. So that's why I'd say nine. If I drop it down to seven, it mostly depends on how charitable I'm feeling towards IM3, which I like a lot, but, again, has that third act problem.

I suppose if I want to be uncharitable, I could say Marvel doesn't even have a mediocre movie streak, because the last three films are just... bad films.

We'll just agree to disagree.

• Like 2