Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

On 4/3/2016 at 9:04 AM, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Too bad that Marvel never will be able to have an acclaimed franchise like TDK.

But, yeah, I have to agree with your point, it hurt me to admit this, but Marvel probably never will be beat by DC, unlike Marvel, DC has no focus, as you said, they just wanted to get the easy money, that's why their Universe is such a mess, Marvel had a  long planning before launching their Universe, and, DC? It seems that they never had nothing else in mind than releasing movies asap to get money, why the hell are we not getting the solo movies of Flash, Aquaman, before the release of JL? It makes no sense, except that DC just want to have the big money that they think that will make with JL, too bad that their strategy is not working so far

Marvel already has a few movies with more critical acclaim than Batman Begins and Dark Knight Rises.

And Heath Ledger is the only reason TDK made it into the 90's on RT.

12 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Remember when people said AOU was a disappointment because it "only" made 1.4 billion?

Lmao.

Nop, the disappointment is because it dropped hardy DOM, also dropped in almost every single country OS, it was saved by it's increase in China, and because of it's mixed critical reception (which was actually kindly, since the movie is a complete shit), oh, and let's not forget that it was completely overshadowed by F7.

13 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Marvel already has a few movies with more critical acclaim than Batman Begins and Dark Knight Rises.

And Heath Ledger is the only reason TDK made it into the 90's on RT.

Yeah, that's why I say an 'acclaimed franchise', Marvel may have a WS, A1 and GOTG, but they don't have a whole franchise acclaimed yet, and I hope that never will have.

Yeah, I can't deny that his death brought some extra acclamation just like Walker did with F7, but, let's not act like this movie wouldn't be acclaimed if wasn't for his death, there's a lot of reasons why it is considered a classic these days, and there's not only Ledger's performance in the middle of this list.

5 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Nop, the disappointment is because it dropped hardy DOM, also dropped in almost every single country OS, it was saved by it's increase in China, and because of it's mixed critical reception (which was actually kindly, since the movie is a complete shit), oh, and let's not forget that it was completely overshadowed by F7.

What? The drop came from North America but can you name a movie that grossed over 450 m DOM that didn't have sequel decrease by at least 20%?

I doubt you can.

and F7 overshadowed 99.9999% of all movies. It's the 3rd biggest movie overseas in history.

7 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Yeah, that's why I say an 'acclaimed franchise', Marvel may have a WS, A1 and GOTG, but they don't have a whole franchise acclaimed yet, and I hope that never will have.

Yeah, I can't deny that his death brought some extra acclamation just like Walker did with F7, but, let's not act like this movie wouldn't be acclaimed if wasn't for his death, there's a lot of reasons why it is considered a classic these days, and there's not only Ledger's performance in the middle of this list.

Critics gave favorable reviews to pretentious Batman movies that looked like court dramas. What a surprise.

Still only one of them got into the 90's. :sadben:

Ledger's oscar worthy performance is what elevates TDK. Take him out of the movie and you're looking at 86% on RT at best.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

What? The drop came from North America but can you name a movie that grossed over 450 m DOM that didn't have sequel decrease by at least 20%?

I doubt you can.

and F7 overshadowed 99.9999% of all movies. It's the 3rd biggest movie overseas in history.

Ha Ha, sad that you guys didn't think on this when said that it was not going below $500m, right? Nobody expected such a large drop DOM, I doubt you can deny this.

No, there's a difference in do better numbers than 99,9999% of all movies, and overshadow them, Ultron was the direct competition against F7, it was supposed to crush it's numbers, and in the end...

Actually, if even Disney consider Ultron a failure >> http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/09/03/avengers-age-of-ultron-was-considered-a-failure-at-disney-and-what-happened-next/

Who am I to deny that?

9 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Critics gave favorable reviews to pretentious Batman movies that looked like court dramas. What a surprise.

Still only one of them got into the 90's. :sadben:

Ledger's oscar worthy performance is what elevates TDK. Take him out of the movie and you're looking at 86% on RT at best.

Yeah, and 3 of them got scores above 85%, which is pretty high if you ask me, and, are you really complaining about TDK's reviews, when even aberrations like Iron Man 3 got favorable reviews from critics?

There's no way we can measure this, in the end, it still with a higher score than any other Marvel movie.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Ha Ha, sad that you guys didn't think on this when said that it was not going below $500m, right? Nobody expected such a large drop DOM, I doubt you can deny this.

No, there's a difference in do better numbers than 99,9999% of all movies, and overshadow them, Ultron was the direct competition against F7, it was supposed to crush it's numbers, and in the end...

Actually, if even Disney consider Ultron a failure >> http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/09/03/avengers-age-of-ultron-was-considered-a-failure-at-disney-and-what-happened-next/

Who am I to deny that?

Compared to TA, just about any movie is a failure.

But WB would chop off their left nut for an AOU level "failure" right now.

1.4 billion (AOU) vs 875 m (BvS)

Lmao

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Yeah, and 3 of them got scores above 85%, which is pretty high if you ask me, and, are you really complaining about TDK's reviews, when even aberrations like Iron Man 3 got favorable reviews from critics?

There's no way we can measure this, in the end, it still with a higher score than any other Marvel movie.

85% is above average but it's not this prestigious category for excellence.

Ledger saved Nolan and the DC fanboys. Without him, no one is going to consider TDKT as anything groundbreaking.

Time to face facts. :sadben:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Compared to TA, just about any movie is a failure.

But WB would chop off their left nut for an AOU level "failure" right now.

1.4 billion (AOU) vs 875 m (BvS)

Lmao

Who is denying the fact that BVS is a disaster? LMFAO. I'm starting to wonder if it will even give any profit to WB after all, still, it is not considered a failure by WB yet, Ultron is :lol: 

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Ledger saved Nolan and the DC fanboys. Without him, no one is going to consider TDKT as anything groundbreaking.

Yeah, and the Marvel Universe is only a success these days thanks to RDJ, if wasn't for him, the Marvel project would have died back in 2008. Congratulations, Robert, if wasn't for you, Marvel would be nothing  oQghOvf.gif

5 hours ago, grey ghost said:

It's becuase of TDK trilogy that the DC universe has been such a disaster, WB just wants to copy that tone over and over again and hope for success and acclaim, and so far they have made dull, muddled imitations of it. which is kind of funny, becuase I find it overrated to begin with. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

but they don't have a whole franchise acclaimed yet, and I hope that never will have.

Why? what does it matter to you if they have a acclaimed franchise? also if Civil War ends up getting the acclaim I think it will, they will have an acclaimed franchise, very soon. like in four-weeks. 

Edited by Kalo

18 hours ago, Kalo said:

It's becuase of TDK trilogy that the DC universe has been such a disaster, WB just wants to copy that tone over and over again and hope for success and acclaim, and so far they have made dull, muddled imitations of it. which is kind of funny, becuase I find it overrated to begin with. 

I disagree about it being overrated, overrated is a movie like GOTG receiving acclamation.

But I agree about the Universe being killed because of TDK. I watched BVS with my parents, and their reaction to the movie was exactly what I always thought: DC won't have any chance in the market against Marvel, with their Universe in the hands of Snyder, I love most of his movies (MOS is at my top 5 of fave SH movies), but I'm not selfish to want him in the job when is clearly that he's not the right person to unite fanboys + GP, and what DC most need in this moment is a director to do what Nolan did, a movie that will please both sides, being fresh, and without losing it's identity, especially now that seems that there are a 'Marvel formula', and if your movie do not follow this formula, then, it will be seeing as just a B movie, and probably as a bad movie (not in this case, BVS is bad indeed, but for future movies in the Universe....) the public gave a chance to Snyder in MOS, and he failed (only with them, I love the movie), they gave him a second chance, and I think I can say that he failed once again, I'm not sure if they will give him a third chance, it hurt me to say this, but for the success of the DC Universe, Snyder must leave. 

18 hours ago, Kalo said:

Why? what does it matter to you if they have a acclaimed franchise? also if Civil War ends up getting the acclaim I think it will, they will have an acclaimed franchise, very soon. like in four-weeks. 

Before answering this, answer my question: What is more important to you: a franchise that makes tons of money but it's forgotten in less than one year? Or a franchise that also makes tons of money (not so much as the others, though), but will be remembered in 10 years thanks to it's quality? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

https://media.giphy.com/media/73tgTvNMroFDW/giphy.gif

my gif >>>> yours

BvS critic reviews, audience approval and box office would state otherwise... also I can't believe they made gis of this.. this is ridiculous. 

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1