Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

3 years tomorrow.

We'll finally see a blockbuster done by the best, a blockbuster worthy of making ridiculous money. No cookie cooker garbage.

Yay Pocahontas 2.

28 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

oh gosh.........

Logan

GV2

WW 

Kingsman 2

Thor: Ragnarok

Lego Batman

Valerian

Homecoming

Ghost in The Shell

JL

Smurfs

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

ca3-9.jpg

I’ll say this: I’m definitely seeing Avatar 2 in IMAX 3D. It was magical seeing it in 3D in the theaters, shame it wasn’t my first IMAX movie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

And you wonder why DC fans don't like movie critics and journalists. Last year they were calling us dumb for loving BVS. It's kinda late for this shift, JL is on all of you. You should pay for the money WB is losing on this film.

Again, life is too short to reply to this comment. You guys are delusional.

Just now, SpiritComix said:

Blue Alien Pocahontas is just Okay, pretty, but generic as hell.

I hope you're not a fan of most the movies mentioned in this thread, because if so it's extremely ironic to criticize Avatar for being generic when it's one of the most original films in here.

Besides even if the classic civilised man joins tribe story was too generic for you, Jim has promised a rich story for the sequels that will even make you shit your pants with your mouth wide open (his words not mine).

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

I hope you're not a fan of most the movies mentioned in this thread, because if so it's extremely ironic to criticize Avatar for being generic when it's one of the most original films in here.

Besides even if the classic civilised man joins tribe story was too generic for you, Jim has promised a rich story for the sequels that will even make you shit your pants with your mouth wide open (his words not mine).

James Cameron is a genius, one of the most important fimmakers of all time IMO, but yeah, Avatar is one of his weakest movies (I think True Lies is the weakest) and it's generic. I still like it though.

But saying things like that "a blockbuster worthy of making ridiculous money. No cookie cooker garbage." It only shows insecurity and immaturity, besides being disrespectful. You can love as much as you want a movie or franchise, but when there is a need to try to bash on other films / franchises. Well, just make it really clear what kind of person you are being, it doesn't improve the image of the franchise that you love so much.

Anyway,  I'm looking forward to see the Avatar sequels.

3 minutes ago, SpiritComix said:

James Cameron is a genius, one of the most important fimmakers of all time IMO, but yeah, Avatar is one of his weakest movies (I think True Lies is the weakest) and it's generic. I still like it though.

But saying things like that "a blockbuster worthy of making ridiculous money. No cookie cooker garbage." It only shows insecurity and immaturity, besides being disrespectful. You can love as much as you want a movie or franchise, but when there is a need to try to bash on other films / franchises. Well, just make it really clear what kind of person you are being, it doesn't improve the image of the franchise that you love so much.

Anyway,  I'm looking forward to see the Avatar sequels.

I was under the impression this thread was for just giving unfiltered thoughts, perhaps I'm being a little too obtuse. Well would hope my behaviour wouldn't affect real life decisions of yours, it's always good to see people hyped for Avatar.

I do think that blockbusters have been lacking quality for a while, and I think that superhero movies are the main culprit in this.

However while I don't like superhero movies, believe it or not, I think it's fine for you and others to enjoy them.

I just wish they would make more high budget movies that I want to see, selfish really.

13 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

If this post is an attempt at juxtaposing it's a fail.

Generic Alien spaceship in orbit. Ohh, Ahh....shit, I've seen better designed ships on various sci-fi shows.

Have you even watched Avatar lol, that's a Human spacecraft. Also it's one of the most intelligently designs ships in sci-fi, it was conceptionally designed by a scientist commissioned by Jim . Unless of course you meant it didn't look cool, then you miss the point of sci-fi.

To make a long story short, the VStar is definitely not your typical movie ship and it's all due to Jim's engineering knowledge and passion. It was a privilege to work on this design that he'd clearly invested so much thought into.

Emmy winning designer Robert Stromberg: One way that it is very different is that in Avatar, Jim is very science-based and very physics-based. So everything is not only plausible but you could build things and they would actually work. Jim is just very much into the reality of things. Even the hometree on Pandora was very specifically tested and computer-modeled so that the base of it would support a tree of that height... the design of it was grounded in physics

James Cameron: The ship was configured to be a combination of antimatter engine and beamed energy from Earth with some, you know, giant laser. So that big mirror on the ship is actually a thermal shield. (...). That mirror just protected the habitable portion of the ship from incineration by the beamed energy. So the beamed energy outbound and then use the antimatter engine for deceleration into the Alpha Centauri A system then kinda works in reverse on the way back.

Pretty funny you called out it's design to be honest.

If anyone interested in the how they tried to designed an interstellar transport ship for the not to distant future, you can read more here http://www.jamescamerononline.com/AvatarFAQ.htm.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Both Avatar and Civil War are solid B’s in my book. There’s better Cameron movies and better CBMs for those.

This year had a lot of quality CBMs.  Civil War was better than all of them.  It's top tier.

I haven't loved a Cameron movie since the first Terminator and Terminator 2 was the last one I really liked.

• Like 2