Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

16 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

There's no right or wrong opinion but when a film is certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes yet it is a horrible movie in the public consciousness you can say critics were wrong.

Batman v Superman eventually will be considered a classic and one of the best movies of all time because there's millions of people who love it and it's their favorite film and they will carry that for their whole life, their kids will grow up watching it and loving it, so it will be one of Hollywood's great classics, and when people go check the score on RT they will laugh at the critics just like they do now with the Indianas Jones 4 score and the Avengers Age Of Ultron score.

55 minutes ago, langer said:

Are the critics wrong or are the fans wrong?

Critics

TLJ : 91%

JL : 40%

Audience

TLJ : 52%

JL : 78%

If we keep bashing JL because of its horrible RT score and we ignore that 4 out 5 moviegoers like the movie, should we by the same token ignore that half the audience of TLJ hate the movie and state  that TLJ is a great movie? 

Or can we say the critics got it wrong for both movies?

We can say that it's a crapshoot.

The Nolan and Cameron fanboys can be pretty bad, but the Snyder fans beat them easily for sheer ,over the top, delusional, foolishness.

I don't mind them likeing Snyder's films, it their delusion that everybody but a few Marvel fanboys love him that gets to be annoying.

53 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

There's no right or wrong opinion but when a film is certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes yet it is a horrible movie in the public consciousness you can say critics were wrong.

Batman v Superman eventually will be considered a classic and one of the best movies of all time because there's millions of people who love it and it's their favorite film and they will carry that for their whole life, their kids will grow up watching it and loving it, so it will be one of Hollywood's great classics, and when people go check the score on RT they will laugh at the critics just like they do now with the Indianas Jones 4 score and the Avengers Age Of Ultron score.

$93.8M

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The difference between fans and critics is easy:

Critics are movie fans who do reviews as a profession. They are 1000 times better than any random Internet fan in articulating their opinions, giving reasons as to why they grade a movie the way they do. You can always disagree with their reasoning as it is as subjective as any opinion. But for sure, id trust someone like David Ehrlich way more than a butthurt fanboy saying:

"Last Jedi ruined my childhood!"

Thats why, for me, the critcs score is the only good incicator on RT for a movies actual filmmaking quality. Sure, some critics themselves are nuts when you read their articles, but that more than diminshes when you have 200+ critcs giving a movie their rating.

12 hours ago, Napoleon said:

The delusion is strong with the 2nd part of this post. Millions of people love it and it's their favorite film? Must be a very few millions, because the number of millions who do not love it and it doesn't even come close to their favorite film is much, much, MUCH bigger.

Dude, just GET OVER IT. If Batman V Superman were a well liked movie, why were its legs so horrendous when it came out, and why did the fear of getting another BVS (combined with the not that great wom) led to Justice League's underperformance? GET THE FUCK OVER IT. The movie didn't do great and not a lot of people liked it. It is not going to become The Shining or Fight Club anytime soon, and you need to stop being a crying bitch about it. It's a Goddamn movie, for Christ's sake, and you act as if your whole life was devoted to worshipping it (and Zack Snyder). So it wasn't the critical/commercial hit that you wanted? Too bad, whatfuckingever, man! I'm one of the few people who still loves TLJ and I don't care if anyone else liked it or not, and you don't see me spread conspiracy theories about the people who disliked it. Just have your opinion and let everyone else have theirs.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, dudalb said:

The Nolan and Cameron fanboys can be pretty bad, but the Snyder fans beat them easily for sheer ,over the top, delusional, foolishness.

I don't mind them likeing Snyder's films, it their delusion that everybody but a few Marvel fanboys love him that gets to be annoying.

Well I mean this is a box office site.. and Jim is the box office king, making the highest grossing film of all time in the known universe, not once, but twice though? If you're implying that Cameron fans are in some way delusional I'm wondering why you would think that. 

He is the box office king, all 7 of his movies are great, and it an incredible person outside of film making. 

It's far more noble to support Jim than to support the mouse or some studio, whose primary objective is money.

16 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

The delusion is strong with the 2nd part of this post. Millions of people love it and it's their favorite film? Must be a very few millions, because the number of millions who do not love it and it doesn't even come close to their favorite film is much, much, MUCH bigger.

Dude, just GET OVER IT. If Batman V Superman were a well liked movie, why were its legs so horrendous when it came out, and why did the fear of getting another BVS (combined with the not that great wom) led to Justice League's underperformance?

To see well loved movies with the best legs of all time check Avatar and Titanic, real crowd favourites.

So now box office success equal a great movie?

Some of Cameron's movies I like, others I don't. I think a lot of people are like  me in that.

I don't think every film he made was "great".

I just don't get blind worship of ANY director.

And I am amused by denouncing people for supporting studios "which are are only out to  make money" than bragging about how much money Cameron's movie made.....I am sure Cameron likes the profits from his films also.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dudalb said:

So now box office success equal a great movie?

Some of Cameron's movies I like, others I don't. I think a lot of people are like  me in that.

I don't think every film he made was "great".

I just don't get blind worship of ANY director.

And I am amused by denouncing people for supporting studios "which are are only out to  make money" than bragging about how much money Cameron's movie made.....I am sure Cameron likes the profits from his films also.

The Terminator, Aliens, The Abyss, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, True Lies, Titanic and Avatar. 

Cameron makes an excellent idol, he's achieved great feats in out and outside of film making. What he's done in life is truly inspiration and it took incredible talent and handwork to get where he is today. 

Why did Jim chose to make Titanic do you know?

21 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I seriously wish you were trolling. You can't honestly believe this?

It's one thing to love a film and that's fine, it's another to think the public thinks it's one of the greatest of all time. 

I would bet it's forgotten about so quickly once DC does another competent Batman or Superman film. You talk about it as if it's The Dark Knight and very few see it that way.

And who knows if RT will even exist that far in the future and I don't think IJ4 or AOU will hold up as more then serviceable blockbusters either. IJ4 will always have the nuke the fridge moment.

On 12/26/2017 at 4:13 PM, Napoleon said:

This is embarrassing for the cinematic universe:

I don't think the MCU movies have even 5 female characters that would be considered badass.

Both ABC and Netflix made their second Marvel production led by a female character. The film division will make one after 20 movies and 11 years, and only to catch up with DC after they announced Wonder Woman.

Black Widow, Scarlett Witch, Gamora, Valkyrie, Maria Hill.....are you delusional?

Then for TV you have Jessica Jones, Elektra, Trish Walker.

And oh sure, they are catching up with DC after Wonder Woman when Black Widow was a huge selling point for Iron Man 2.

10 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Well I mean this is a box office site.. and Jim is the box office king, making the highest grossing film of all time in the known universe, not once, but twice though? If you're implying that Cameron fans are in some way delusional I'm wondering why you would think that. 

This is true.

However I fear for your sanity if Avatar 2 suffers the fate of most sequels...

• Like 3