Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Parsec !

How many meter is Avatar and how many meter is a comparison Tree Of Life, 2001 A Space Odyssey, Gone in the Wind and The Searcher, just to have an idea of the objective deepness.

And why is it in metric? That's very America-phobic.

Just now, Barnack said:

Parsec !

How many meter is Avatar and how many meter is a comparison Tree Of Life, 2001 A Space Odyssey, Gone in the Wind and The Searcher, just to have an idea of the objective deepness.

1. A parsec is just shorthand for 3x10^16 metres (or close to that its years since I did any serious physics). 

2. I never made any claims to Avatar's depth, don't fall for the trap Barnack, I only ever made claim to James Cameron and his relation to depth. 

Has reading comprehension really dropped this low while I was away? 

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

A Black Panther movie is going to beat the most recent main Episode Star Wars film soon, and Solo will be lucky if it makes 1/3 of Infinity War WW. 100% time for a thread title change.

If we're looking into the future we can say that Avatar 2 is going to beat every film in existence.

19 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Cameron =/= Avatar. Nowhere have I ever said this.

Okay so you're suggesting because The Abyss literally goes further down below the sea than any Star Wars movie does, it's a deeper movie?

I would also suggest that the size of a whole galaxy in SW is considerably larger than the depth underwater in the Abyss

Edited by Treeing Me Apart

1 minute ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

Okay so you're suggesting because The Abyss literally goes further down below the sea than any Star Wars movie does, it's a deeper movie?

I would also suggest that the size of a whole galaxy in SW is considerably larger than the depth underwater in the Abyss

Nope, again, why all the assumptions? I've only made claims regarding James Cameron, please stop putting words into my mouth. 

9 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

2. I never made any claims to Avatar's depth, don't fall for the trap Barnack, I only ever made claim to James Cameron and his relation to depth. 

How many meter deep is Cameron and how many meter deep is Chaplin, Kubrick, Scorsese, Hitchcock, Ford and Spielberg ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Nope, again, why all the assumptions? I've only made claims regarding James Cameron, please stop putting words into my mouth.

Wait are you telling me that the man who directed and filmed the two highest grossing films of all time and films such as Aliens and T2, lead a team of engineers to create a deep sea exploration sub then manned it himself to the deepest point in the ocean, is there anything this man can't do?

• Haha 1

Just now, Jessie said:

Nothing fanboyish about it. Global planet issues>USA issues

wonder when the melting point (literally) for USA will be, when they realise the planet is fucked and they're largely responsible.

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

wonder when the melting point (literally) for USA will be, when they realise the planet is fucked and they're largely responsible.

I assume when the east and west seaboards are underwater/swampland, and even then, I wouldn't be so sure.