WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg44): Spectre 73 | Peanuts 45 | Martian 9.3 | Goosebumps 6.9 | Spies 6.09 | Important forum announcement in first post.

9 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

I'm actually starting to see the hilarity in these terrible James Franco literary adaptations, like you know some sadsack auteur has been preparing his version of Sound and Fury since 1975 and then Franco comes in like "yoink" with that Funny or Die looking shit.

Franco gets the signifying nothing  part down pat though.

(was going to say told by an idiot but that's mean)

Edited by TalismanRing

dont you guys just fucking cringe everytime some loser movie blogger asshole uses that sound and fury signifying nothing quote to describe the most recent superhero movie or whatever like they're being fucking witty. saw a post here lay it on mad max and it was like holy christ sparrrree me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

.. but accurate. He's a Renaissance Dumbass.

I want to know why is he picking on Faulkner.  Why can't he pick on F. Scott Fitzgerald, Theodore Dreiser, Eugene O'Neill or Tennessee Williams for a change?

Edited by TalismanRing

Just now, grey ghost said:

Is the YA genre going to die once THG, Maze Runner and Divergent finish their films?

Looks like the well is almost dry.

No we've got more Potter and of course Star Wars on the way

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Is the YA genre going to die once THG, Maze Runner and Divergent finish their films?

Looks like the well is almost dry.

If Marvel can get away with making the exact same movie over and over again indefinitely, I don't see why the YA formula would suddenly burn out.