Neo

Snowpiercer | Now in Theaters and VOD

This movie is the first one that makes me sad I moved from NYC. I could've seen this last weekend AND NOW I'M FORCED TO PRAY IT MAKES IT OUT HERE. LIKE A NOBODY.

I doubting more and more this will ever make it to my hometown, Pittsburgh. Sigh. I'd really like to catch it on the big screen.

Ha, I get Snowpiercer next week, and I'M IN FINLAND.

we got Snowpiercer in april :P

We got Snowpiercer in October...Last year. :ph34r:

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

When you find out what's inside of the jelly protein bars that the back passengers eat, it's one of the most uncomfortable visuals I've seen in a film.

True. My boyfriend got weirded out and disturbed. Good thing we watched the movie before we ate, not after....
  • Like 1

That reminds me of one minor problem in the movie...

When Curtis says that he tried to kill Edgar as a baby, he was 17 on the train, but the age difference between Evans and Bell is only five years. It required a bit of suspension of disbelief, IMO.

• Like 2

When Curtis says that he tried to kill Edgar as a baby, he was 17 on the train, but the age difference between Evans and Bell is only five years. It required a bit of suspension of disbelief, IMO.

Bell baby face.Evans is manly (and oh so dreamy)I was ok with it.
  • Like 2

Evans was manly with a beard, Bell was skinnier, higher voice, and baby faced, I believed it fine.
  • Like 4

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-07-10/snowpiercer-tries-to-reinvent-hollywoods-distribution-model

Quinn says he would like to have the movie in around 600 screens by its fifth week of release. While the conventional wisdom is that on-demand will eat into theatrical profit, he hopes that with a buzzed-about, big-screen experience such as Snowpiercer, VOD will work in tandem with the multiplex expansion. “For the top-25 markets that dominate theatrical box office, we’ll essentially be in wide release,” he says. “But as of Friday, July 11, we’re going to be more expansive than Planet of the Apes and Transformers. In a really crowded marketplace where summer tent poles are trying to establish themselves, we’re going to be in 85 million-plus homes on VOD.”

I gather many of these art house theaters believe they'll still be selling well. In NYC it's lost none of it's screens but just added them and the Angelika added twice as many times.  The gamble is that for many people they'd rather see it on the big screen and it certainly a visually impressive film to warrant that. We'll see though how long that lasts over this weekend and if it makes it to the proposed 600 theaters.