grim22

Weekend Estimates: Bond 35.4M, Peanuts 24.2M, Coopers 8.4M, Martian 6.7M, 33 5.8M

Well, looks like I have some crow to eat regarding Spectre's second weekend. Maybe that number will drop 3m from estimates like last weekend. :P :ph34r:

In all seriousness though, I still don't buy 200 as a certainty. The competition is coming and it is going to have to rely on its WOM soon for legs instead of just a barren landscape. Probably does anywhere between 190-210 now. 

Edited by MovieMan89

So Spectre held well at my theatre this entire weekend. Dropped from (what is the equivalent of) $90M to do around $47M this weekend. Same goes for Peanuts, which opened to (somewhere around $44-$46M) to do around $34-35M this weekend. Coopers opened to the equivalent of $16-17M which isn't great but not awful. Next weekend should be good, as while I don't have numbers for HG or CF, MJ1 opened to around the equivalent of $113M last year and MJ2 should increase from that.

And while I was going through numbers, I realized that Interstellar only opened to $33M at our theatre (but legged its way to $112M total). Meanwhile, Dumb and Dumber 2 did $65 on OW on its way to $152 total.

The numbers for the openers range from mediocre to crappy. No surprise there.

Great to see Spotlight (which opened the multiplex here and was sold out for most of the weekend) and Brooklyn still do great though. And Room is still doing well too. Must see all of these movies before Oscar night.

34 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Must see all of these movies before Oscar night.

My goal for this year.

To recap, what are all the "potential BP nominees" already released? All I can think of at this point are Bridge of Spies, The Martian, Inside Out, Brooklyn, Spotlight...

27 minutes ago, DAJK said:

My goal for this year.

To recap, what are all the "potential BP nominees" already released? All I can think of at this point are Bridge of Spies, The Martian, Inside Out, Brooklyn, Spotlight...

Add Room to this list. Sicario and Steve Jobs (after its box office floppage) are long shots.

On 11/14/2015, 9:35:19, ACSlater said:

What is wrong with you people?  The tv specials are part of the holidays till the end of time...

tumblr_nssh6bgceT1uajezzo1_400.gif

Have you actually *watched* any of them lately? They're horrific.