Impact

2012 Best Picture Thread

I think Avengers, Hobbit and possibly Prometheus have a better chance at that slot.Now for Rust and Bone-no clue as I'm not really sure what it is about.

Slot may not even exist. Remember there is no set # anymore.

Couldn't disagree more. TDKR has history of nominations which Bond does not. Rust and Bone has Cottliard, Best Actress frontrunner. Brave is going to be nominated for Best Animated and Best Song. Skyfall's best hope is tech stuff.

If a Foreign film gets in, it'll be Amour so Rust and Bone has no chance. Brave? Come on. That's what the Animated Category is for. An animated film needs to be at a Toy Story 3/Up level of box office and acclaim to make it in for Picture. As for TDKR, even if you take Skyfall out of the equation, it's not happening. I've been saying it for months: If Dark Knight couldn't get in, I don't know why TDKR (with far less passion) would.

I think Avengers, Hobbit and possibly Prometheus have a better chance at that slot.

I honestly don't know how to respond to that.

I think Avengers, Hobbit and possibly Prometheus have a better chance at that slot.Now for Rust and Bone-no clue as I'm not really sure what it is about.

Prometheus has no chance for best Picture. geeks don`t like it, why would AMPAS? Nor do Avengers (comic book), TDKR (not as well received as TDK, shooting scandal), Skyfall (Potter couldn`t do it so franchise that has been ignored for 50 years won`t suddenly be taken seriously). TH can only fly on LOTR coattails but BD and Script seem unlikely eben if it manages the blockbuster stop based on tradition. Though Hollywood should have moved on from Kiwi Neanderthals gimmick.

No slots exist, I don't know why people think that.The Avengers is not good enoughThe Dark Knight Rises is not as good as The Dark KnightThe Hobbit has a 'been there done that' feel to it, it also looks more comedic and comicalSkyfall is a James Bond movie and the 23rd in a series, I can't see it happening at all

• Like 1

If poo like that ridiculous Daldry film got a nom last year, Skyfall can happen.Easy.And what's the point of having 10 noms if the Academy doesn't step out of its comfort zone ?

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

I'm still sticking with Skyfall. It feels like it sets itself apart from other Bond movies. Also its OS BO is on fire right now. I've had a good feeling for a while about this film, and I still do. Unless TH steals its thunder, I think it is getting in. I feel like the Academy will award one mainstream film and Skyfall is going to be that film.

Since when does that determine who gets nominated? :P:lol:

Um...I'm not getting it. I'm not saying it'll be a box office smash. I'm saying that if it ends up with a Best Actress nom, it will have done the best it could do, everything wise. I didn't say anything about money in that post...
  • Like 1

Um...I'm not getting it. I'm not saying it'll be a box office smash. I'm saying that if it ends up with a Best Actress nom, it will have done the best it could do, everything wise. I didn't say anything about money in that post...

Sorry it sounded like it by the way you worded it ;) Sorry for the misunderstanding.