PanaMovie

Point Break OS Thread - 102.6M OS - 131.3M WW

Point Break surfed to an additional $12.3 million from 8 Asian markets this weekend, launching the international cume $34.5 million after two weekends of release. China ($30.3M cume) dropped just 14% this weekend to gross $10.2 million. 

Source: BoxOffice.com

Doing very good in Asia 

Edited by PanaMovie
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, PanaMovie said:
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $22,430,000    28.0%
Foreign:  $57,800,000    72.0%

Worldwide:  $80,230,000  

So I think its going to make 80-100M OS and almost 40M in the states so not a huge flop for WB after all

Considering it has yet to open in most of the major OS markets (including all Latin America, Mexico, France, Germany, Italy, UK, SK, Japan and a lot of other countries), I'd say over 200m WW is a pretty safe bet. It think it might be gunning for 250m.

8 minutes ago, James said:

Considering it has yet to open in most of the major OS markets (including all Latin America, Mexico, France, Germany, Italy, UK, SK, Japan and a lot of other countries), I'd say over 200m WW is a pretty safe bet. It think it might be gunning for 250m.

WAT :ohmygod: That OS number is so big because of China. I highly doubt this thing performs well in Europe. 

5 hours ago, PanaMovie said:

Point Break opened to $1.5 million in Australia and $0.85 million Spain en route to a $6.8 million weekend. The film has grossed $57.8 million overseas and $80.23 million worldwide.

Source: BoxOffice.com

I didn't even realise it had opened here.

1 hour ago, James said:

59 minutes ago, CJohn said:

WAT :ohmygod: That OS number is so big because of China. I highly doubt this thing performs well in Europe. 

Thats why I said 80-100M for the rest of the markets because of China but maybe it can do 150 with the help of Europe and Mexico

6 hours ago, PanaMovie said:
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $22,430,000    28.0%
Foreign:  $57,800,000    72.0%

Worldwide:  $80,230,000  

So I think its going to make 80-100M OS and almost 40M in the states so not a huge flop for WB after all

This is going to make at least 10m in my country bc of Édgar Ramírez. :D 

POINT BREAK
In its continued release, Point Break generated an estimated $2.2M from Lionsgate markets this weekend. That takes the LG international cume to date to $70.4M. Lionsgate is releasing overseas on behalf of Alcon. Warner Bros also has some markets and picked up a further $1.1M this frame. Italy was a new bow this session with $1.4M from 272 screens, ranking No. 3 behind Universal’s local title Abbiamo Fatta Grossa and Fox’s The Revenant. The total international cume, which includes a December China release ($39.4M), is $87.9M. France and the UK are this week with Japan on February 20.

Source: Deadline.com

• Like 1