Ezen Baklattan

BOFFY IV: The 4th Annual Box Office Theory Awards! (CEREMONY TOMORROW AT 2PM EST)

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i liked the movie a lot actually but it's not an acting achievement in the slightest. doesn't help everyone's just playing types.

Carell is the strongest of the ensemble but it's really not saying much, I didn't find anyone particularly strong, the characters seemed pretty vacuous and one-note. I didn't like the film unfortunately. 

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

after finally seeing the big short a week ago I can finally say how baffled i am by how much this forum collectively was so impressed by steve carell in that movie. there's nothing there.

He's good but there's not a lot to his character.   Bale and Pitt had my favorite performances but even those I didn't nom for best supporting.  It's an ensemble cast is truest sense, no one really is lead or stands out.  The same with Spotlight really.

Just now, Total Treecall said:

Carell is the strongest of the ensemble but it's really not saying much, I didn't find anyone particularly strong, the characters seemed pretty vacuous and one-note. I didn't like the film unfortunately. 

I'm at least glad we didn't nominate Christian "Hi, you could literally cut me out of this movie and not lose anything but here's a series of tics I've been working on to impress you" Bale.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Panda said:

3/5, kind of surprised Blanchett got in over Mara, but they both had measurably equal support.  Sad Blunt missed

84/114

You mean Mara got in over Blanchett...?

And no they didn't have equal support. There's been some controversy over why Blanchett was lead and Mara supporting in awards ceremonies, and here on the forum I have heard way more support and praise for Mara than Blanchett regarding the film.

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

literally everyone who voted for daisy ridley must have seen 5 movies last year.

More that there weren't many mainstream lead performances. Betting if I had got to Phoenix and Queen of Earth on time, she wouldn't have been on my ballot (Haven't seen Queen of Earth yet, but Hoss would've bumped off one person).

Just now, Total Treecall said:

You mean Mara got in over Blanchett...?

And no they didn't have equal support. There's been some controversy over why Blanchett was lead and Mara supporting in awards ceremonies, and here on the forum I have heard way more support and praise for Mara than Blanchett regarding the film.

They're both great and both leads