efialtes76

Weekend revised estimates and 4 days totals pg 43 4 day est: RA2: 41.6: The Rev: 39.0... SW7: 32.5

11 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Hanks seems to finally have his career back on track after the decade of death that was '03-'12 for him. Captan Phillips, Saving Mr. Banks, and Bridge of Spies were all critical and commercial successes and Sully should follow suit. 

That's a weird decade of death. The Terminal, Charlie Wilson's War, The Da Vinci Code, The Polar Express, Angels & Demons, and Toy Story 3 all happened in that span. They may not all have been critical successes, but they did pull in the money pretty well.

Probably more accurate to say that 2011 and 2012 were bad, but that's not uncommon for actors to have a year or two here and there that's below par.

Just now, DamienRoc said:

That's a weird decade of death. The Terminal, Charlie Wilson's War, The Da Vinci Code, The Polar Express, Angels & Demons, and Toy Story 3 all happened in that span. They may not all have been critical successes, but they did pull in the money pretty well.

Probably more accurate to say that 2011 and 2012 were bad, but that's not uncommon for actors to have a year or two here and there that's below par.

Wasn't counting animation or OS grosses. That basically leaves The Da Vinci Code as his sole success, though certainly not acclaim wise. Terminal and Angels and Demons were minor hits. No real awards recognition for him in that span either. 

Star Wars will do closer to 950 than 920 imo.  

And wtf is going on with the release of Bengazi.  It's playing in one ONE damn theater in Toronto.  It's only in limited release right now in Canada.

I remember Terminal was a huge disappointment back in 04, especially since both Spielberg and Hanks had just come off of CMIYC. Its reputation has definitely gotten better in the 11 and a half years since.

I wonder how Spielberg felt about the fact that, despite being chairman of DreamWorks, two other movies from the studio (Anchorman and Collateral) outgrossed his own movie in the months after.

Edited by department store basement
  • Like 1

Baumer said - "And wtf is going on with the release of Bengazi.  It's playing in one ONE damn theater in Toronto.  It's only in limited release right now in Canada. "

It seems like they focused the movie on places where Faux News is the #1 cable network and since Canadian law says news organizations can't knowingly lie there is no Faux News in Canada.

Edited by Biph Shmata
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Biph Shmata said:

It seems like they focused the movie on places where Faux News is the #1 cable network and since Canadian law says news organizations can't knowingly lie there is no Faux News in Canada.

Did you maybe try to answer to Baumer who asked why only one theater in his Canadian area / Toronto even shows the movie?

25 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I remember Terminal was a huge disappointment back in 04, especially since both Spielberg and Hanks had just come off of CMIYC. Its reputation has definitely gotten better in the 11 and a half years since.

I wonder how Spielberg felt about the fact that, despite being chairman of DreamWorks, two other movies from the studio (Anchorman and Collateral) outgrossed his own movie in the months after.

The Ladykillers/Terminal combo was where Hanks stopped being an A lister. Before that he could do practically no wrong since the early 90's. Captain Phillips, Banks, and BoS is the first stretch he's had in ages where he has been in both acclaimed and successful films (and didn't have to rely on a franchise). Granted not blockbuster successes, but still a very nice rebound for him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Feel really good about 950 now with the revised TFA estimates. At the very least, #10 adjusted should be firmly on track. 

"Miss S. White and her 7 minions never had a chance" -Kylo

16 minutes ago, Biph Shmata said:

Ooops I did, fixed it kinda.

If you want to 'ping' him (as the quote thingy looks a bit broken)

typ and wait for a moment and then the user's name in one row, without an empty space in between, you should see the name appear in a little ~ extra window. With my browser you have to click on the name in the extra window, then the ping works

If done all right/correctly, the user name gets a coloured mark like this:

@Baumer

Biph Shmata tried to answer to you, see a few post earlier, only trying helping a bit here....

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

Saw TFA again in 3D and it truly does get better with repeated viewings as a Star Wars movie should. Judging by reactions from the audience there were clearly people there who were on their first viewing. This movie will have decent legs.

PS- pretty sure I spotted another Indiana Jones easter egg. Some mentioned the boulder scene from "Raiders". This easter egg is from another episode. No spoilers from me however. :stirthepot:

• Like 2

Amazing for the Revenant. I personally thought it was INCREDIBLY boring and could've been cut by at least 30 minutes, but I guess it's really resonating with audiences.

Star Wars the upper limit is 950M, it probably won't get there unless something weird happens. 915-920M final is likely.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

If you want to 'ping' him (as the quote thingy looks a bit broken)

typ and wait for a moment and then the user's name in one row, without an empty space in between, you should see the name appear in a little ~ extra window. With my browser you have to click on the name in the extra window, then the ping works

If done all right/correctly, the user name gets a coloured mark like this:

@Baumer

Biph Shmata tried to answer to you, see a few post earlier, only trying helping a bit here....

Thanks, but I had enough trouble "fixing" it the first time, it's a only a semi serious off hand comment, nothing to get worked up over. I will remember your advice the next time I screw up though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biph Shmata said:

Thanks, but I had enough trouble "fixing" it the first time, it's a only a semi serious off hand comment, nothing to get worked up over. I will remember your advice the next time I screw up though.

;) 

I forgot to type the key in my description about the ping = @  , but you should get it via the marked example I guess.

Have fun

24 minutes ago, SWXII said:

Saw TFA again in 3D and it truly does get better with repeated viewings as a Star Wars movie should. Judging by reactions from the audience there were clearly people there who were on their first viewing. This movie will have decent legs.

PS- pretty sure I spotted another Indiana Jones easter egg. Some mentioned the boulder scene from "Raiders". This easter egg is from another episode. No spoilers from me however. :stirthepot:

The Ranthar? I thought of that too when watching it yesterday

:lol: 
  • Like 1