baumer

Thursday numbers (nilephelan ) Rev 2.15 TFA 1.9

2 hours ago, Telemachos said:

The longer you hang out here, the more you'll realize people wildly throw around the word "lock" as if it were nothing. :lol: Usually what they really mean (even if they don't realize or admit it) is: this is the highest/lowest point I think it can potentially reach.

A year ago, wasn't American Sniper locked for $500m or something?

A few weeks ago, TFA was locked for a BP nom.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RogueLeader said:

So what are the current appraisals for TFA's final gross now that the billion dollar dream has blown up like the Republic in TFA.

Cloudy the future is.

But I think most people say it will end between 920-930.

11 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm suprised I thought TFA would be leggier than this, not particular today but this week in general. Didn't some people say that 950m was guaranteed? I thought guaranteed means 100% certain. I was hoping for it to be a tight race over the finish line WW with Titanic for a bit of excitement, I feel numb now TFA's run is over.

Since that monday with 8 million, i felt all the dreams about this were dead. 950, or surpass Titanic ww, now i think the only target is 900 domestic and 2 billion ww, anyway this is amazing, but when we start to dream, sometimes awakenings are little tough...

10 hours ago, Baumer said:

Who are we to guarantee anything?  TFA made so much so quickly that it was impossible to maintain that pace.  But it is going to have the highest multiplier of any opening weekend record holder from Spider-man on.  So it's having a terrific run, terrific legs and terrific holds.  

this is true. 3.6x with a 248 OW is something very difficult to repeat.