baumer

Thursday numbers (nilephelan ) Rev 2.15 TFA 1.9

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

For the time being, it does, but it's just a courtesy on their end. They stopped hosting us over a year ago.

Just in case you're curious, the history of these forums:

Hidden Content

Or the someone made an Interstellar club and doomed the forums on BO.com. :mellow:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, terrestrial said:

The comments to this article are hilarious.  They put police at theaters for SOC but not this movie. If everyone in that screening had a gun, they could've shot the drunk guy.

kill.gif?w=650

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 1

I'm suprised I thought TFA would be leggier than this, not particular today but this week in general. Didn't some people say that 950m was guaranteed? I thought guaranteed means 100% certain. I was hoping for it to be a tight race over the finish line WW with Titanic for a bit of excitement, I feel numb now TFA's run is over.

3 hours ago, rustyspoons89 said:

Forgive me for I am new... Wouldn't a snow storm encourage people to go to movies? Since theaters are indoors. Or?

I live in Charlotte, NC. No one is on the roads right now when the streets are usually filled with traffic. Our city has come to a stand still. My store(WM) closed its doors 3 hours ago and as you know, Walmart never ever closes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm suprised I thought TFA would be leggier than this, not particular today but this week in general. Didn't some people say that 950m was guaranteed? I thought guaranteed means 100% certain. I was hoping for it to be a tight race over the finish line WW with Titanic for a bit of excitement, I feel numb now TFA's run is over.

The movie is still playing in theaters til at least March or April. Do you realize half the country is covered in snow and ice right now:apocalypse:

Just now, eddyxx said:

The movie is still playing in theaters til at least March or April. Do you realize half the country is covered in snow and ice right now:apocalypse:

They're no targets left though, nothing to play for you know? Anyway do you think it can make 950m?

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm suprised I thought TFA would be leggier than this, not particular today but this week in general. Didn't some people say that 950m was guaranteed? I thought guaranteed means 100% certain.

The longer you hang out here, the more you'll realize people wildly throw around the word "lock" as if it were nothing. :lol: Usually what they really mean (even if they don't realize or admit it) is: this is the highest/lowest point I think it can potentially reach.

• Like 3

On my way home from work today, it was raining freakin ice. No one is going to see SW or Revenant today here in Charlotte lol.

And definitely not The 5th Wave:ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by eddyxx

Why do people think that RA2 is going to jump ahead of TFA this weekend.  It was likely very frontloaded and didnt get very good reviews. It slipped behind TFA on monday and has stayed behind it all week. 

Overall it will be a weird weekend with the snowstorm, but I would think TFA would come out ahead of RA2.

4 minutes ago, Franklin808 said:

Why do people think that RA2 is going to jump ahead of TFA this weekend.  It was likely very frontloaded and didnt get very good reviews. It slipped behind TFA on monday and has stayed behind it all week. 

Overall it will be a weird weekend with the snowstorm, but I would think TFA would come out ahead of RA2.

The first only dropped like 55% in it's second weekend.

3 minutes ago, Franklin808 said:

Dont sequels tend to drop more the 2nd weekend?  I know some anomalies, but that is usually when the 2nd is a far better movie then the first.

Depends, but the first RA wasn't exactly well received either.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Who are we to guarantee anything?  TFA made so much so quickly that it was impossible to maintain that pace.  But it is going to have the highest multiplier of any opening weekend record holder from Spider-man on.  So it's having a terrific run, terrific legs and terrific holds.  

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Franklin808 said:

Why do people think that RA2 is going to jump ahead of TFA this weekend.....

Ignoring all other details:

SW7 behaves a bit more like a family movie, and with that weather... I think those kind of movies will get harder struck

8 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Who are we to guarantee anything?  TFA made so much so quickly that it was impossible to maintain that pace.  But it is going to have the highest multiplier of any opening weekend record holder from Spider-man on.  So it's having a terrific run, terrific legs and terrific holds.  

It honestly exceeded all reasonable expactations, fantastic run!

Who are we to guarantee anything?

That's challenger deep,

• Like 3

1 hour ago, boxofficefreak said:

Twas merely suggesting that from a biz side, webrankings as follows (Alexa,ranking.com,etc)

579 hollywoodreporter.com 6 The Hollywood Reporter 140,446
7,335 boxofficemojo.com 3 N/A 71,604
19,901 boxoffice.com 2 N/A 20,115  
20,711 the-numbers.com 5 N/A 33,421
31,384 boxofficeguru.com 3 N/A 14,220

Why wouldn't BO invest in data and analytics (as well as internet mktg strategies) to shore up more market share?

P.S. @cjohn response, I will contribute soon enough haha

We don't need real time numbers here... plenty of people here give us daily estimates.  

What I would like is access to BOs historical data so I could build tools that would allow us to do easy comps 

• Like 2