baumer

Thursday numbers (nilephelan ) Rev 2.15 TFA 1.9

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Has Nile said what he uses?

No, but neither has RTH or the other guy who was here for a while.  They don't reveal it because they are the source.  

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Baumer said:

No, but neither has RTH or the other guy who was here for a while.  They don't reveal it because they are the source.  

I'm pretty sure they (excluding RTH) has access to Rentrak, either through jobs at industry or major at Uni (Film and Media, Data Analysts, Investors and Relations). With Rentrak, that have real time data of boxoffice #s of regional boxoffice chains or collections of theatres and extrapolate those #s out. 

Rth is a huge mystery though, he's been doing it since BOM days in like 2003 and he's in a class all by himself. 

P.S. If there was enough support, pretty sure we could convince BO.com to sync up with Rentrak and allow moderators access to Rentrak. Might even grow the site by taking marketshare/readers away from Deadline/THR/BOM, etc

• Like 2

numbers are going to be low this weekend.

most of the eastern seaboard is going to be out of action. From Atlanta to Charlotte up through DC, Philly and NYC. 

Boston will be spared.

ice is a big issue in North Carolina right now. 

Atlanta is probably going to be lost today and tomorrow.

Charlotte to-DC, Baltimore is probably gone all weekend

NYC probably tonight and tomorrow are gone.

Box Office: $865M In Five Weeks via by

he confirmes ~ $1.9m for SW7 at Thursday in that article, to me it looks like he doesn't know the OS, but assumes $1.9b till weekend...

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

I don't think it is going to take much to win this weekend, maybe 15M. I'n thinking a close one between Revenant and TFA with the former just edging out the latter. 

latest tracking for the winter storm is not encouraging. Updated snow expectations have 18-24 inches for Philly and 12-18 for NYC both increases in total from yesterday.

Also remember the NFC and AFC championship games are on Sunday so that will depress Sunday as well.