Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers: 1) Revenant 16.0 | 2) Star Wars 14.25 | 3) Ride Along 2 12.96 pg 49

30 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Trump. "It's so trump." "That car tastes a lot like Trump." "Don't go trumping."

One can wish.

Hillary's campaign is so trumped.

Hmmm, you are right. Catchy! :wiggle:

Edited by SWXII

45 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

If she does, dump her. Seriously. I don't know how guys settle for girls like that. I have no patience for that and never have had any. Most girls are big fans of Sex and the City, 50 Shades of Grey, Pitch Perfect, Twilight, and similarly terrible entertainment, but you know a keeper when she also thinks all of that is crap -- because it is -- and prefers to watch something that doesn't suck. 

After years of dating someone, you realize how important it is that they don't have crap taste in movies / TV, otherwise you're going to be stuck watching a lot of it and any time you suggest going to see something intellectual or something that's a lot of fun like a big Marvel blockbuster, you're going to get, "Eww, that's so nerdy, I don't care about superheroes" or "I don't like movies to be too thoughtful, that's just boring." Ugh. Maybe if I wasn't such a big movie fan it wouldn't matter, but that's a deal breaker to me.

EDIT: I would prefer to be a "lost cause" than to understand how anyone could like Pitch Perfect. There are VERY few movies on my "if someone likes this, I have no respect for their taste in films" list, but that's one of them. Almost everything else, fine, whatever. But if someone says they love Pitch Perfect, I won't take their opinion about any other movies seriously because it's obvious we have ZERO in common when it comes to what makes a good film. I'd love to know what else would be a better word to describe THIS: 

than gay? 

I mean... I am trying, and cannot find it. I want there to be an English word that does that justice, but the shoulder shrugging, the stupid expressions, the painful singing, the bad pop music... what other word does that justice? It's cringe-worthy. 

I'll leave it at that. I won't be talking about Pitch Perfect anymore as it makes my blood boil.

Being gay is pretty awesome. So it is great way to describe the movie. 

Don't look at me:
I thought Will Smith should of been nominated for I Am Legend

I Find Labyrinth overrated (for someone born in 1982-this is a HIGHLY controversial opinion) To be fair, I've not seen it in at least 15 years, I might actually like it now. This is actually something I have never told any girl my age either....

This is way off topic but hell if we can get into gayness and movies, then I think Harvey and Bob are fair game.

I am watching the LOTR trilogy tonight.  I completely forgot the Weinsteins were the EP's on the LOTR.  Over the years, they have made a lot of films that really didn't do well at the box office.  I wonder where their money comes from?  Like, who is backing them?  And when is their luck going to run out.  And then I see their names splashed across the LOTR films and think of the career these two have had.  There was a time when everything the produced made money and was nominated for best picture.  How times have changed.  But I wonder how much they made off the trilogy?  And I also wonder why they were not the EP's on the Hobbits?

• Like 1

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

Lol came in for numbers & wasn't shocked by what I found.

Only one time did we have about 25 pages worth of numbers and no off topic discussions. Its unknown how it happened.
I think it might of been the Twilight Zone.

• Like 1

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

Lol came in for numbers & wasn't shocked by what I found.

I don't think we'll get anything tonight.  I doubt RTH shows up and I haven't seen @nilephelan all day.

59 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

LOL, first of all, I love tons of movies in general from all genres. But there's no other way to put it -- Pitch Perfect is the ultimate chick flick / gay guy movie. It's a bunch of girls snapping their fingers, doing silly little dances, and singing painfully. I mean really? I'm a straight guy, I don't really see what there is for me to appreciate in that film. It's beyond awful. Awful would be like what critics are calling Dirty Grandpa. Pitch Perfect is torture. Literally $1,000 wouldn't be sufficient to make me watch it again. I don't need the money that badly and that experience was scarring enough the first time.

Then again, didn't you say you love Titanic? I mean... again. My 13-year-old sister also loved Titanic. When she was 13. It's a cheesy romance but at least it has some great production values and amazing views of the ship. It does offer something, anyway. It's still a solidly made film, even if it's pure cheese on the "story." Pitch Perfect offers no such break from the ultimate gayness of the whole thing. I don't really know what other word to use, to be honest. It's just really, really gay.

now say this dressed as a 60 year old birtish woman and we would have a great monty python sketch

• Like 3

I actually remember quite a few adults did not like Titanic because they made it into a love story instead of a actual film about the Titanic (quite a few were Titanic historians who I heard this from)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnY said:

now say this dressed as a 60 year old birtish woman and we would have a great monty python sketch

200?cb=20150317174831

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Baumer said:

This is way off topic but hell if we can get into gayness and movies, then I think Harvey and Bob are fair game.

I am watching the LOTR trilogy tonight.  I completely forgot the Weinsteins were the EP's on the LOTR.  Over the years, they have made a lot of films that really didn't do well at the box office.  I wonder where their money comes from?  Like, who is backing them?  And when is their luck going to run out.  And then I see their names splashed across the LOTR films and think of the career these two have had.  There was a time when everything the produced made money and was nominated for best picture.  How times have changed.  But I wonder how much they made off the trilogy?  And I also wonder why they were not the EP's on the Hobbits?

Peter Jackson had worked with them before (they distributed 1994's Heavenly Creatures aka the movie that introduced us to Kate Winslet and Melanie Lynsky) so I'm sure he asked them to pitch in.

• Like 1