WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

10 minutes ago, leatherjacket said:

Can anyone help me with this please:

Who have the rights for Deadpool merchandise? Marvel or Fox? and How much profit is the part of Marvel in this movie?

That's a great question because damn, there is going to be a lot more of it then there was.

I predicted the Deadpool character had the greatest chance of breaking out huge into the mainstream if this movie did good based on the marketing. I'd be shocked if it doesn't happen now.

It's almost like the Minions but for Adults.

Edited by somebody85

6 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Judging how insanely popular Deadpool is in the comics and the lack of his toys compared to the Marvel Studios characters and Spider-Man, I'd say he's part of the infamous deal that Fox gets a hefty percentage of the merchandise money from every stuff that Marvel sells that are X-Men or Deadpool related. Unfortunately. By the way, I fucking NEED a Deadpool action figure for my home office. I just own a Deadpool so far, but I'm planning to get Batman, Superman, Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man and now Deadpool from their movie series. Deadpool probably won't get a movie figure so I'll have to settle for second best.

There was one made for Marvel Legends years ago and it was insanely hard to find in stores (it was online, but marked up in price). I was pretty much out of collecting action figures by then but wanted it and could never find it. I went to tons of stores looking for it to kill time. It was series 6 I believe.

Edited by somebody85

6 minutes ago, leatherjacket said:

Can anyone help me with this please:

Who have the rights for Deadpool merchandise? Marvel or Fox? and How much profit is the part of Marvel in this movie?

According to Forbes, Marvel Studios gets less than 5% from Fox movies, but they have the rights over all the merchandise, since the original deal only covers the films (and now TV shows): http://www.forbes.com/sites/davegonzales/2015/05/31/marvel-is-killing-x-men-and-fantastic-four-merchandising/#6351fcd65857

But since Marvel/Disney gets the whole revenue from their Avengers films, they shut down any X-Men and Fantastic Four merchandise, giving those franchises much less exposure and opportunities to get a big portion of the BO. A tactic that was obviously unsuccessful here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

That's a great question because damn, there is going to be a lot more of it then there was.

I predicted the Deadpool character had the greatest chance of breaking out huge into the mainstream if this movie did good based on the marketing. I'd be shocked if it doesn't happen now.

It's almost like the Minions but for Adults.

Don't expect Marvel to go crazy like they do for Marvel characters. 

Thinking about getting this bad boy here:

Deadpool 1/10 - Marvel Comics - Iron Studios
http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-736108717-deadpool-110-marvel-comics-iron-studios-_JM

2 minutes ago, The47th said:

According to Forbes, Marvel Studios gets less than 5% from Fox movies, but they have the rights over all the merchandise, since the original deal only covers the films (and now TV shows): http://www.forbes.com/sites/davegonzales/2015/05/31/marvel-is-killing-x-men-and-fantastic-four-merchandising/#6351fcd65857

But since Marvel/Disney gets the whole revenue from their Avengers films, they shut down any X-Men and Fantastic Four merchandise, giving those franchises much less exposure and opportunities to get a big portion of the BO. A tactic that was obviously unsuccessful here.

Huh, I wonder how this will play out. After this weekend the demand is going to be through the roof. Marvel won't be able to just ignore it....

5 minutes ago, The47th said:

I don't think this info is completely correct. Da7e (Dave Gonzales) is a great dude and does have some insider sources, but I've read from several sources that not only Fox gives Marvel a ridiculous amount of money for the films, but also have to send some money Fox way for every X-Men related merch. It's the worst of the deals imaginable.

55 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Can you guess what is the only movie with X-men in its title to not adjust to 200m?

I'll give you a hint, its the one that doesn't star Wolverine. History says X6 will drop below 200m.

And Hugh Jackman definitely propelled his solo movies to 200 M, right?

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

@iJackSparrow maybe you need to change that profile pick :lol: 

But I love the profile pic. C'mon, Deadpool is making history this weekend. I've predicted right and I'm celebrating. Can I get clearance to keep it? Please? I don't even can post that picture on my Instagram, but since we're celebrating Deadpool I thought it was fair game. I posted originally this Thursday after watching Deadpool on the film's thread. :(

Let's be a little profane to celebrate this thing. :lol:

5 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

No. Because people expected the Wolverine but never got the rated r Wolverine they asked for. His first film was leaked April 1st two months or so before the film's release and still was able to make $85m. It had a bad multiplier because people hated. It's a proven fact that Wolverine is the most popular X-Men. And yes, he IS more popular than Deadpool. Imagine what could happen with a film with him done right.

8 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Ed is right. Jackman works great in an ensemble. Wolverine origins managed to outgross First class despite being terrible. The later wolverine looked worse and made around FC numbers.its evident he was the biggest draw of the xmen movies.

10 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I can't help but laugh at people thinking of the possibility that X-MEN: APOCALYPSE will make FANTASTIC FOUR numbers.

Who has ever said that? A disaster as big as Fant4stic would be around $180m dom and not been able to reach $400m WW. That's a Fant4stic kind of run for Apocalypse.

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

Who has ever said that? A disaster as big as Fant4stic would be around $180m dom and not been able to reach $400m WW. That's a Fant4stic kind of run for Apocalypse.

Apocalypse is gonna at least 600M WW.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ladyevenstar22 said:

i'm not particularly surprise at deadpool numbers ,people are hungover on tfa , here comes something new and fun lets check it out at the very least ...

good news its not flaming out , esp good for RR poor thing has had to work hard for a success 

Lol yeah sure you're not surprised, saw it coming all along didn't you?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Apocalypse is gonna at least 600M WW.

Yeah kayu was mentioning a disaster scenario for Apocalypse that I think it's possible. I don't think it's unlikely that it could gross less than $500m WW and less than $200m Dom . But let's see.

16 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

But I love the profile pic. C'mon, Deadpool is making history this weekend. I've predicted right and I'm celebrating. Can I get clearance to keep it? Please? I don't even can post that picture on my Instagram, but since we're celebrating Deadpool I thought it was fair game. I posted originally this Thursday after watching Deadpool on the film's thread. :(

Let's be a little profane to celebrate this thing. :lol:

Ok, but you need to change it soon or people will start to think that is a message for everyone that likes Singer's X-Men.

Seems to be a lot of people in this thread hating on the previous X-men films for some reason and I'm really not sure where it's coming from.

4 out of 5 of the mainstream X-men films are good to great, and DoFP was the best of the lot in my opinion. They were well received by critics and the general public. You could definitely make an argument that (taken as a whole) the franchise has underperformed at the BO I suppose, but that really doesn't warrant such vitriol.

Heck even the solo Wolverine films aren't that bad. I held off watching Origins for ages because of how awful I kept hearing it was and when I finally watched it I actually kind of enjoyed it for what it was (could be a case of lowered expectations of course).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Ed is right. Jackman works great in an ensemble. Wolverine origins managed to outgross First class despite being terrible. The later wolverine looked worse and made around FC numbers.its evident he was the biggest draw of the xmen movies.

He is, I know that. But I think it's not just about his character being or not being in an X-MEN film that affect the films' box office. In fact, I think he has been overexposed.