WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

30 minutes ago, Elessar said:

This is one of those WTF performances. I don't get it. I haven't seen all the ads but the one i have came across as desperately wanting to be funny and edgy to me. It looked so niche, yet it's making huge numbers... *shrugs*

I'm in the same boat.

It honestly didn't look appealing to me. The overuse of DMX's worst song. The constant silly humour. The predictable action scenes (with slo-mo and gravity defying car chases). But, apparently it worked and it is a good film...I guess.

• Like 1

5TH WRITE THRU, Saturday, 11:50PM: 20th Century Fox’s Deadpool is bigger than anyone thought possible. After posting the biggest opening day in February with $47.5M, the Marvel character has also scored the second biggest day ever during the month with an estimated $41.88M. This now raises Deadpool‘s 3-day take to $133.4M, making it the second best debut ever for the first installment of a superhero property behind Disney/Marvel’s The Avengers ($207.4M). The Tim Miller-directed movie’s 4-day is now projected at $151M per industry calculations; some studios have it as high as $155M over FSSM. Typically fanboy films are frontloaded seeing drops of at least a third in their second day. Deadpool dipped -12%. This title is hitting a zeitgeist with moviegoers.

X GON' GIVE IT TO YA X GON' KEEP ON GIVING TO YA

:ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod:

This isn't the real world. I think that I went out last night and I'm still passed out somewhere. Not believing it. 

Unless the Russo brothers were one trick ponies, Civil War is going to be at least as good as Winter Soldier, plus this one has everyone but Thor, Hulk and Hawkeye in it. Basically Avengers 2.5. Not a chance it ends up with less in the end than Deadpool.

BvS has two of THE biggest superheroes names in the same movie. Plenty of early screenings have already said its good but McWeeny just happens to post a video on the same day the last excellent trailer comes out and suddenly the sky is falling. Saw a very early tracking number between 190-215. If that stays true, yeah, like Civil War, it finishes well ahead to.

Only wildcard is Suicide Squad but the marketing has been good so far and as shown by the arrival of Deadpool, marketing is key for characters not a lot of people really knew before this weekend. 

Edited by DealWithIt
  • Like 1

Fox previous record holder

Star Wars 3 - 108m

X Men Last Stand - 102m

X Men Days of Future Past - 90m

Tim Miller and Ryan Reynolds must be laughing there ass off smashing it with an R rated film. So much kudos to them.

Deadpool - 133m/151m(?)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Fox previous record holder

Star Wars 3 - 108m

X Men Last Stand - 102m

X Men Days of Future Past - 90m

Tim Miller and Ryan Reynolds must be laughing there ass off smashing it with an R rated film. So much kudos to them.

Deadpool - 133m/151m(?)

My new crazy prediction is $350m-$370m domestic for Deadpool, with a multiplier around 2.7. 

Wow fantastic for Deadpool, I knew it will do well BUT NOT THIS HUGE.  In our country it's smashing the box office, poor other new releases though like Spotlight that got  a lot of its screens pulled out for Deadpool

Just now, bapi said:

Didn't know Tim Miller made this DC Universe Online Intro. WB, it's still time...

HOLY SHIT THAT WAS HIM?

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?

HOLY FUCK. This dude is GREAT. This is literally one of the coolest intros EVER. He did the Batman Arkham Origins ones that are also pretty fucking great but this is just a whole new level of cool. Holy shit. 

• Like 1