WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

If there weren't trolling on my posts but rationalizations including even social media data that proves that the awareness for Deadpool is quite higher than the other film I was discussing, how do you want me to perceive that? 

Maybe you should start with the concept that the staff here is not a single mod nor a single consensus on any movie. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Oh come on. People of all ages know Scrooge.

Why is this trope so popular then?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YetAnotherChristmasCarol

that's the adults' way of trying to tell tha story to the lil children. 

then again, you're not necessarily wrong, there is a saying that people always say. "oh, don't be a scrooge" or somethin like that, lol.

I really have to give it to this marketing team for Deadpool they hit it out of the park?  So the team that did this do they move next to XMen or IDR or are those marketing teams already in place?

2 minutes ago, James said:

@Telemachos With all the fanboy fantasies this year (DC, Marvel, HP, SW) and the fan wars I wish you all the best. :lol: It must be hard to be a mod.

Whether a pimp or mod, it's reall hard out there.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, James said:

As much as I am excited to see it and and happy for an R-rated movie breaking out, c'mon, Deadpool won't even be in Top 3 CBM's this year, neither DOM or WW. Not that that is taking away from it's amazing accomplishment. And, not that anyone else cares, but that seems like an ok number for How to Be Single.  

People would have said the same about Guardians had it been first instead of last up.

I can easily see Deadpool over any (or all) of Civil War, BVS, and Suicide Squad.  I'm not saying it will be, but with great WOM for Deadpool and no competition, it could be in for a surprisingly leggy run (for a comic book movie opening on a holiday weekend)

Deadpool could go as high as 350-400m with a 130-135m OW.  None of the big three comic book films are guaranteed anything.

Civil War could have a small decrease from AoU, or an IM3 one.  BVS is bombing its marketing campaign currently, and MoS was mixedly recieved, I'm thinking TDKR numbers are optimistic for it.  Suicide Squad looks very appealing and has done a good job marketing itself so far, but if BVS is received poorly it might hurt it, plus we have no idea how much the GA will go for a movie based around villains.  

Im not saying how any of the three will perform, but that there is definitely reason to believe they are no locks to gross higher than a movie we haven't even gotten the OW to yet.

I currently see the ranges (min to max) like

BvS: 325m - 500m

CW: 300m - 450m

SS: 175m - 400m

Deadpool can certainly hit in the 300m range, which could score it against one, two, all, or none of the above.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DAR said:

I really have to give it to this marketing team for Deadpool they hit it out of the park?  So the team that did this do they move next to XMen or IDR or are those marketing teams already in place?

Not all characters lend themselves to marketing like Deadpool.

With DP's inflated Sunday, 2.3x would be a good multiplier. That's like doing 2.5x off a 3-day ow with normal Sunday drop.

I think DP will do ~310m with a 128-130m ow.

BvS 180m ow / 425m dom (2.35x)

CW 155m ow / 380m dom (2.45x)

8 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Not all characters lend themselves to marketing like Deadpool.

I've said something to the same nature to folks saying every film should be marketed with lots of secrecy like The Force Awakens. The main reason it was so effective for that film was because it was Starwars, and virtually everyone has some form of investment with it. The mystery added intrigue, whereas would make it hard to market something less popular that people aren't invested in or care about. 

• Like 2

Just now, TrendyWiz7 said:

I've said something to the same nature to folks saying every film should be marketed with lots of secrecy like The Force Awakens. The main reason it was so effective for that film was because it was Starwars, and virtually everyone has some form of investment with it. The mystery added intrigue, whereas would make it hard to market something less popular that people aren't invested in or care about. 

That kind of marketing only worked just OK for The Visit last year.

8 minutes ago, department store basement said:

That kind of marketing only worked just OK for The Visit last year.

The Visit wasn't even marketed like that, they set up the entire premise in the trailer, and audiences had to go to find out "Why are the grandparents acting strange?"

• Like 3

By the way at my showing today there were plenty of families there. However, by families I mean all fathers/teenage sons. I'm so looking forward to those outings with Junior someday (I'd say "can't wait" but I actually want the time to go by as slowly as possible lol).

• Like 1