WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

9 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Who has ever said that? A disaster as big as Fant4stic would be around $180m dom and not been able to reach $400m WW. That's a Fant4stic kind of run for Apocalypse.

If Apocalypse grosses 180m it's not gonna be a Fan4tastic kind of run. 180m will be 23% less than DoFP's 234m. We have seen bigger drop-offs. Specter fell 34% from Skyfall.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Yeah kayu was mentioning a disaster scenario for Apocalypse that I think it's possible. I don't think it's unlikely that it could gross less than $500m WW and less than $200m Dom . But let's see.

Oh, there are several scenarios where I can see it doing 190M or so, even if it is good. But I can't see it going under 600M WW. The movie opens OS one week before America so FOX has confidence in it.

Sorry, has this been posted?

5TH UPDATE, Saturday, 11:50PM: 20th Century Fox’s Deadpool is bigger than anyone thought possible. After posting the biggest opening day in February with $47.5M, the Marvel character also scored the second biggest day ever for the month with an estimated $41.88M. This now raises Deadpool‘s 3-day take to $133.4M, making it the second best debut ever for the first installment of a superhero property behind Disney/Marvel’s The Avengers ($207.4M). The Tim Miller-directed movie’s 4-day is now projected at $151M per industry calculations; some studios have it as high as $155M over FSSM. Typically fanboy films are frontloaded seeing drops of at least a third in their second day. Deadpool dipped -12%. This title is hitting some sort of zeitgeist with moviegoers.

13 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Ok, but you need to change it soon or people will start to think that is a message for everyone that likes Singer's X-Men.

It isn't. It's my Deadpool me avatar picture.. I'm planning to have a picture themed with every superhero release this year, I had one for Star Wars. Stupid, but yeah haha. 

I have this this jacket that I'll be wearing at BvS's premiere:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQA_Fj-GcPdD9mvq-WjmmW

But it's hard to take pictures with the logo appearing clearly. But I have a Batman t-shirt that it'll do. :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

Wow, it keeps on climbing. This will be Fox's biggest opening ever. The crazy thing is, a rated-R movie gave it to them. lol

giphy.gif

X gave it to them. Bow to the power of the X-Men universe, Fox. Now start getting this shit in the right track.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

He is, I know that. But I think it's not just about his character being or not being in an X-MEN film that affect the films' box office. In fact, I think he has been overexposed.

Yeah he has been overexposed with his solo films, like I said he's better in an ensemble. It's good watching him bounce of character like magneto.

2 hours ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Why we love following box-office. For fun surprises like this nobody saw coming.

I resent this comment. I said last summer that Deadpool would break out and kill a bit of BvS's momentum heading into its opening weekend. ?

So essentially, R-rated Deadpool will have a bigger 3-day opening than every 2014 movie including Mockingjay Part 1, 5th biggest of 2015 behind TFA, JW, AOU and F7 (putting it above the likes of Minions and MJ2), and a bigger opening than every Superman movie including MOS, every X-Men movie ever period, every Spider-Man movie except for SM3, and every MCU movie without Avengers or Iron Man in the title.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Twitter IndexUPDATED: SUN FEB 14 AT 05:06AM PST

FILM # TWEETS
1 Deadpool 48,433
2 Star Wars: The Force Awakens 4,900
3 Ghostbusters (2016) 4,454
4 Zoolander 2 2,627
5 Captain America: Civil War 1,619
6 X-Men: Apocalypse 1,342
7 How to Be Single 1,104
8 The Revenant (2015) 992

Thanks to Deadpool?!

Thanks to the Super Bowl teaser and Psylocke. Curious to see if Deadpool will gather some kind of good will towards Apocalypse, but I'm sincerely not feeling it.