WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: (Page 18): Deadpool 31.5M | Gods 14M | KFP 9M | Risen 7M | Eddie 6.3M | Triple 9 6.1M | Spectre 16k (lol)

47 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Another movie that explode for having CJohn as stan. King John, his power. 

I am not stanning for it. I just said I enjoyed it. 

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Triple 9: 335k. Pretty good given the lack of buzz.

This is bad for my 5.5M prediction on the derby :kitschjob: 

Hopefully Eddie does 6-6.5M. That would be very good at this point. Gods of Egypt is pretty much locked to do over 10M this weekend. Lionsgate must be having parties or something :lol:  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I just saw Risen did 845M previews. I take back what I said about Gods of Egypt being locked to do 10M this weekend :jeb!: 

Risen's previews were inflated by church groups buying tickets. I don't think the churchgoing faithful are the demographic being targeted by GoE.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Risen's previews were inflated by church groups buying tickets. I don't think the churchgoing faithful are the demographic being targeted by GoE.

The church groups probably went on Sunday, not on Thursday night. 

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It's sad how some religions just don't have a solid devoted base any more.  Once upon a time Isis and Osiris would have been a hot ticket.

Meanwhile, Triple 9 scored $335,000 last night. Considering a limited marketing campaign, that's a fair start for the crime thriller. By comparison, Run All Night pulled $460,000 last year and Open Road's ownNightcrawler debuted to $520,000 in October 2014. A weekend in the upper-single-digit millions looks attainable for Triple 9.

Fuck you for convincing me Triple 9 was gonna tank @WrathOfHan :ohmyzod:

Gods of Egypt is fucked. Jupiter Ascending did 1M last year. 

5 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Risen's previews were $425K.

You are correct. Dumb DHD can't even check their own articles from a week ago and posts dumb shit. 

16 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I am not stanning for it. I just said I enjoyed it. 

This is bad for my 5.5M prediction on the derby :kitschjob: 

Hopefully Eddie does 6-6.5M. That would be very good at this point. Gods of Egypt is pretty much locked to do over 10M this weekend. Lionsgate must be having parties or something :lol:  

My prediction was 5M. I'll be close enough on GOE and Eddie, hopefully the holds too.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

You are correct. Dumb DHD can't even check their own articles from a week ago and posts dumb shit. 

Maybe we'll luck out and today's numbers are low.

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Not gonna lie CJohn, if Gods of Egypt does more than 15M this weekend, I'm considering that a win (for it's sense). 

God, that sounds really, REALLY sad doesn't it...

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Not gonna lie CJohn, if Gods of Egypt does more than 15M this weekend, I'm considering that a win (for it's sense). 

God, that sounds really, REALLY sad doesn't it...

15M is boring bombage. Either 10M< or >20M. Accept nothing in between. 

2 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

GOE has some of the most horrid reviews I've seen in awhile.  Target demo doesn't always read them but will be curious if the weekend IM suffers because of it.  King Tut probably considering a wrathful resurrection if he's able to see this mess.

King Tut was a teenager, he wouldn't care about reviews and would probably love the CGI. 

• Like 8

GoE has a 140m budget + marketing. Looks like it will be a big bomb. OS could be good though.

Post Hunger Games and Divergent does Lionsgate have any promising franchise in the near future?

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, CJohn said:

15M is boring bombage. Either 10M< or >20M. Accept nothing in between. 

But isn't Lionsgate only like 10M in the hole because of foreign pre-sales and such? Maybe I'm wayyyy wrong but wouldn't a 15M opening for a movie which really cost the studio 10M not bad?

Also, epic bombage isn't always the most fun :lol: remember Seventh Son? That box office run was just agonizing to watch.