kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Who had BvS holding slightly above a horror flick?

I always thought seeing these characters together would lead to a front loaded OW. Just not this front loaded. Reviews and WOM didn't help. 

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

I always thought seeing these characters together would lead to a front loaded OW. Just not this front loaded. Reviews and WOM didn't help. 

There were quite a few on here (non fanboys) who saw this having crummy legs pre release. Can't remember anyone credible arguing for a less than 2 multiplier. This likely isn't beating Superman 2 and/or Batman Returns adjusted after opening to $166m lol. Enough said.

1 minute ago, La Binoche said:

There's something douchey about Affleck. There's a reason he was perfect casting for such an unlikable role in Gone Girl. 

He has a lot of mental issues. :lol:

5 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

There were quite a few on here (non fanboys) who saw this having crummy legs pre release. Can't remember anyone credible arguing for a less than 2 multiplier. This likely isn't beating Superman 2 and/or Batman Returns adjusted after opening to $166m lol. Enough said.

I was one of the first to see it. I'm very lenient on comic book films but I knew right away this wasn't for everyone.

With that said, 900M WW isn't what WB wanted but I'm sure they will take it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, #ED said:

I was one of the first to see it. I'm very lenient on comic book films but I knew right away this wasn't for everyone.

ED can we stop with the "WB will take it" nonsense? Every person knew this was going to gross some huge number. If it didn't can you imagine the panic? The point is the legs post the global opening have to worry WB when they are trying to build a whole universe off of it.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

ED can we stop with the "WB will take it" nonsense? Every person knew this was going to gross some huge number. If it didn't can you imagine the panic? The point is the legs post the global opening have to worry WB when they are trying to build a whole universe off of it.

Well they're not making moves because it's still making money. This movie needed to completely tank for a change. 

Just now, #ED said:

Well they're not making moves because it's still making money. This movie needed to completely tank for a change. 

It was never going to tank to the level this movie wasn't profitable, that's my frustration with that argument. Expectations & profitability are two completely different angles to the story.

9 minutes ago, #ED said:

They have no choice. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, #ED said:

Especially considering the unjustified attacks on it. Could have tanked after the first week. I think this is what sadflek thought was happening.

If this was a chess game, one side got overly aggressive trying to take out the king. They failed. Now they are panicking.