kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

7 minutes ago, mredman said:

it did friday. would have won the weekend if it just did $209k more on friday

that would still leave it under-performing and on track for a disappointing 2x.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Rey said:

When you loved BVS and happen to be a DC stan, but you see the film's drops and legs.

8bGrUQD.gif

Pretty much. I know the movie has its fans, but the pressed-ness of DC fans is becoming more annoying and pathetic than funny.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The Cinematographer said Hardy showed up 2-3 hours late almost every day.  So she wasn't the only one struggling with him.

Yeah but there were reports that Theron didn't like being around him and did everything she could to keep her distance when the cameras weren't rolling. She downplayed that during the press tour though but still, given that he seems rather off-kilter in interviews, it probably wouldn't be a surprise if those were true.

11 minutes ago, Box Office Freak said:

Do you guys think domestically, Deadpool might make more than Batman v Superman? 

That's a given at this point. W/the type of drops that it's suffering, BVS will probably end up w/Guardians Of The Galaxy numbers (circa 330M).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Pretty much. I know the movie has its fans, but the pressed-ness of DC fans is becoming more annoying and pathetic than funny.

The hater's persistence is even more annoying...

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, efialtes76 said:

The haters are even more annoying...

I didn't like the movie but I don't sit around trashing it 24/7 like the more obnoxious people do. I won't remember anything it by June, so better to just focus on the better movies out right now doing well.

Speaking strictly from a box office standpoint, though, this is definitely a big disappointment considering the expectations that would automatically come with a movie like this. It's looking to end up with a lower overall multiplier than Green Lantern ended up with despite facing significantly less competition, and we all know that movie wasn't well-received.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, filmlover said:

While I see most of the DC fandom is upset, I would say a good chunk of them still have reasoning. Plus, some of their complaints hold merit.

However, I do think some of them are extra as hell, just like any fandom has their share of crazy and delusional ass stans.

4 minutes ago, Rey said:

While I see most of the DC fandom is upset, I would say a good chunk of them still have reasoning. Plus, some of their complaints hold merit.

However, I do think some of them are extra as hell, just like any fandom has their share of crazy and delusional ass stans.

I don't disagree but then we see things like "#SupportDCFilms" going around and it's like this is all sorts of pathetic. Like, would that even be necessary if the film was well-received overall? I doubt it. Direct the anger at WB, not the film's (many) detractors.

22 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I didn't like the movie but I don't sit around trashing it 24/7 like the more obnoxious people do. I won't remember anything it by June, so better to just focus on the better movies out right now doing well.

Speaking strictly from a box office standpoint, though, this is definitely a big disappointment considering the expectations that would automatically come with a movie like this. It's looking to end up with a lower overall multiplier than Green Lantern ended up with despite facing significantly less competition, and we all know that movie wasn't well-received.

I agree. I don't need to beat BVS while it's  down to appreciate the great success of Deadpool,  a movie I'm a fan of. 

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I don't disagree but then we see things like "#SupportDCFilms" going around and it's like this is all sorts of pathetic. Like, would that even be necessary if the film was well-received overall? I doubt it. Direct the anger at WB, not the film's (many) detractors.

Okay, but that would depend on the purpose of #SupportDCFilms.

If the hashtag is because they believe DC and Warner Bros. have the critics against them or something, okay, while I see some truth or possibility to maybe some of it, it's ridiculous.

If it's something like support them so more comic book stories are told and they hope to learn from their mistakes from BVS, I don't really see anything wrong with it. Same if it's to support them because so far DC has been great at bringing diversity to their casts.

And to answer your second point, if it's in the ladder, it may not be necessary for the second reason I brought up, but definitely for the third. I mean, honestly, I have my opinions. I throw my shade here and there, but I rarely participate in those kinds of things.

I agree with the whole blaming Snyder and all though.

UZxyZU1.gif

1 hour ago, bladels said:

Some of them still try to pull "800M WW is a massive success" crap. Denial is strong

It is a big success though.   The "expectations" word is the only thing making it "disappointing".

What that really means is that most people predicted a Batman and Superman movie wrong.    Maybe if you take the Joker and Nolan away from Batman and add Supes and WW, this is what you get at the BO?    Maybe being "iconic" doesn't mean you are bigger than the Avengers after all?     That's an issue fans of the movie will have to confront.  (especially if they claim it's not hated)  I first started wondering (heh) about that when I found out Wonder Woman lost out in a popular vote to Storm of the Xmen in the 90s.   Maybe this "iconic" stuff is not the same as "popular"?     The Wonder Woman box office might be telling.   

52 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Deadpool will almost definitely gross more. BUT, I assume, if released in theaters, the R-rated cut of BvS gross will be added to the regular run. That could bump it above Deadpool.

Except that sounds like a different movie to me.    Not sure the regular cut should get credit for BO a different cut of the movie brought in.

Edited by Harpospoke
"WW" means something else in box office talk