kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

@nilephelan after thinking about it - while I do not see BvS being outside the top 10 this being the first year with 10 300m grossers does seem quite possible....

(these aren't predictions per say just my musings)

Rogue One - 500m

Dory - 450m

Cap - 400

Deadpool - 360

BvS - 330

Zoo - 325

Suicide Squad - 315

Fantastic Beasts - 310

Pets - 300

And another film that Surprises or beats expectations (Such as ID42) or Moana or something else unknown at this point (say SING does something crazy at Christmas time)

yeah - 10 films over 300m seems quite possible.....

15 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Save this post and feel free to mention it later this year.  

Independence Day 2 and The Secret lives of Pets are not going to reach $330 million.

It's a maybe for Suicide Squad and Fantastic Beasts. I'll save that.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

tumblr_mc5v5y3MTC1qgbguro5_250.gif

Yeah, his obsession with you is awkward.... course he is a newb and doesn't get some of that yet.

But my point still stands - his beating of the dead horse is just as bad as those he claims others are doing

Edited by narniadis

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Yeah, his obsession with you is awkward.... course he is a newb and doesn't get some of that yet.

But my point still stands - his beating of the dead horse is just as bad as those he claims others are doing

Pretty sure about 90% of the posts on the subject are why bvs is a so-called disappointment. I am so ready to move past that silly meme.

6 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Independence Day 2 and The Secret lives of Pets are not going to reach $330 million.

This looks like the sort of post someone would have made about 3 months ago when talking about Deadpool and Zootopia.  

"$130m opening and biggest R rated movie in history??  Zootopia makes $340m and beats BvS??  LOLOLOLOL.  No chance!!"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

This looks like the sort of post someone would have made about 3 months ago when talking about Deadpool and Zootopia.  

"$130m opening and biggest R rated movie in history??  Zootopia makes $340m and beats BvS??  LOLOLOLOL.  No chance!!"

Hey, I was in the Zootopia over $300 club ever since I saw the last trailer released on New Years Eve.

I don't know much about Deadpool, though, but I did know he had a huge cult following. The opening didn't shock me that much.

However, those movies have precedents. Superheroes are big, and Disney Animation has an excellent track record.

By comparison, Independance Day has been dormant for 20 years, and I don't see how a sequel can make sense. And Secret Lives of Pets looks like typical animated schlock. I like animated schlock, especially if the art direction is good, but that didn't help the Rio movies.

Just now, Chewy said:

filmlover stop talking about the box office run of the recent large release on this box office site. Why are so many of your posts dedicated to that?

I don't feel in the least bit intimidated by this dude. Trust me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Hey, I was in the Zootopia over $300 club ever since I saw the last trailer released on New Years Eve.

I don't know much about Deadpool, though, but I did know he had a huge cult following. The opening didn't shock me that much.

However, those movies have precedents. Superheroes are big, and Disney Animation has an excellent track record.

By comparison, Independance Day has been dormant for 20 years, and I don't see how a sequel can make sense. And Secret Lives of Pets looks like typical animated schlock. I like animated schlock, especially if the art direction is good, but that didn't help the Rio movies.

Numbers are out for that flea-bitten movie.