AniNate

Wonderstruck - Brian Selznick adapt. | Todd Haynes | 10-20-17 limited

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/cannes-filmnation-ent-julianne-moore-wonderstruck-exclusive-1201768358/

Cast: Oakes Fegley, Millie Simmonds, Michelle Williams, Julianne Moore

Based on a children’s book by Brian Selznick, whose “The Invention of Hugo Cabret” inspired Martin Scorsese’s “Hugo,” “Wonderstruck” traces the gradually weaving stories, though set 50 years apart, of two deaf children who both wish their lives had been different: Rose dreams of a mysterious actress, Ben of the father he has never known. Their stories will finally intertwine as both children set out on quests to find what they are missing: A family.

Edited by tribefan695

yessssssssssss

but also yessssssssssssssssssssss

it's always a nice surprise when a filmmaker who seems to take gaps for as long as haynes does makes their next picture so quickly after the last one.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RichWS said:

Carol: beautiful yet overrat....I'll shut the hell up. I'm happy this is getting made. 

Carol was overrated as fuck. I never connected with the characters. I didn't care about them. The movie was so preoccupied with being "exquisite" and "restrained" that it forgot to have a pulse. I don't think Haynes is the right guy to tell a love story. 

I hope Wonderstruck is better. Michelle Williams has joined the cast: http://www.indiewire.com/article/michelle-williams-joins-julianne-moore-in-todd-haynes-wonderstruck-indiewires-monday-rundown-20160418

First (very odd) pic of Julianne Moore on set: 

julianne-moore-dc709dd4-7a91-4455-92f5-7

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

I seriously doubt it. Half the picture is gonna be in black and white.

So here's a rundown of my reasons to see this.

1) I enjoyed the book.

2) I'm a fan of Hugo and its book.

3) Julianne Moore.

And now I'm introduced to the next reason:

4) Some of the film is shot in black and white.

Hopefully it has a successful run at the Cannes Film Festival. That'll be reason 5 if it does so.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Reviews are coming out now. Save for THR's none of them seem particularly enthusiastic. 

Considering how tough Cannes can be (we'll find out soon enough what the film that'll be booed this year is), that's probably better than a bad reaction. Doesn't sound like Julianne's happening for this, hopefully her role in Suburbicon is juicier.