CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

With Alice 2's box office following in the footsteps of other "Really? That's a thing?" followups like Ride Along 2 and The Huntsman: Winter's War, it makes me wonder what sequels next year will suffer the same fate of a dramatic drop from its predecessor? I don't know about you, but Cars 3 and Pirates 5 aren't looking so hot right about now.

Now is the time to announce Zootopia 2. A sequel that everyone wants.

:ph34r:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThatOneGuy said:

A bit off topic, but I'm honestly predicting 200M for The Girl on the Train.  That was a fantastic trailer.

Outgrossing Gone Girl would require a really fantastic movie. 

Just now, CJohn said:

Solid. I accept this grade with great happiness. 

I was digging the first half more than the 2nd half. 

Oscar Isaac hamming up is bae :wub:

• Like 1

The Girl on the Train was every bit the publishing smash that Gone Girl was. You couldn't walk through an airport without seeing 20 people with a copy of that book in their hands last summer.

$150 million could certainly happen.

Edited by Chaz
  • Like 1

Just now, RichWS said:

Outgrossing Gone Girl would require a really fantastic movie. 

And that's exactly what I'm predicting.  Ticket price inflation alone could lead to an increase, but I think it could end up being more accessible for mainstream audiences with fantastic reviews.  

2 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

its a crazy as fuck movie but its a good crazy as fuck 

It's trashy and chilly and fun and perfectly crafted and also Rosamund Pike. I've seen it five times. 

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 6