ddddeeee

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children | 9/30/16

52 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Eva is incredible in it. I don't care for the show outside of her character but she really goes for it. 

I love that she always put forth the best effort in everything she's in, no matter how shitty the material is lol.

And her ability to ham it up is one of the best among actresses right now. I really hope she'll pick better projects in the future. 

1 hour ago, bcf26 said:

Is there any news if the sequel is a go?

I'd be very surprised about it as I don't think the gross would justifty it, sadly.

Also, wouldn't that have way too little of Eva Green then? They'd probably change that I suppose...

15 minutes ago, Darth Homer said:

This is actually turning a profit now thanks to the OS gross so a sequel may happen, with or without Burton.

I hope so but I think it needs at least 300m WW for that. Do you think it gets it?

Edited by Arlborn

I thought the first two acts or so of this were surprisingly well done and carried a nice intriguing heft that left me genuinely invested. Unfortunately the third act was a real letdown for me, as it devolved into very juvenile, generic territory. I honestly was mildly reminded of the Disney Chanel movies I used to watch as a kid with that act. But this would still be Burton's best since Sweeney Todd, despite the underwhelming finish. 

I prefer Hollow City to Miss Peregrine so I'd be all for seeing it.

They'd save some money with no Burton, SLJ, Dench or (spoilers for Hollow City)

Green

either.

At the same time, they seem to have went out of their way to make the movie quite closed at the end, as opposed to the book which is jarringly open-ended. There hasn't been much talk of a sequel either.

15 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

I prefer Hollow City to Miss Peregrine so I'd be all for seeing it.

They'd save some money with no Burton, SLJ, Dench or (spoilers for Hollow City)

Reveal hidden contents

either.

At the same time, they seem to have went out of their way to make the movie quite closed at the end, as opposed to the book which is jarringly open-ended. There hasn't been much talk of a sequel either.

Yeah, I also preferred the second book but you are right, I don't see a sequel happening either.

I had low expectations but it was better than I expected. I also thought it was better than the first book. The movie's third act was disappointing, but imo it was better than the book's third act. Haven't read the second book, though.