ddddeeee

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children | 9/30/16

9 hours ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

The book and series it's based off isn't really known by anyone outside of the U.S., so I'm not sure how well it'll do overseas. Could flop for all we know.

Eh, that's not true. OK, is it Harry Potter or Twilight? Not even close. But apparently it's been constantly on the best seller lists over here for a few months already. In fact, on our local amazon site the 3 books are, as of right now, second, third and twelfth on the best sellers list. A famous magazine that compiles weekly best sellers lists for decades has the first book in the series somewhere in the YA top10 best sellers for 25 weeks straight. So yes, it will never be as popular as the big ones over here but it's definitely a little well-known by its target audience.

For what it's worth, I think it will do Maze Runners numbers around here; $7m

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Eh, that's not true. OK, is it Harry Potter or Twilight? Not even close. But apparently it's been constantly on the best seller lists over here for a few months already. In fact, on our local amazon site the 3 books are, as of right now, second, third and twelfth on the best sellers list. A famous magazine that compiles weekly best sellers lists for decades has the first book in the series somewhere in the YA top10 best sellers for 25 weeks straight. So yes, it will never be as popular as the big ones over here but it's definitely a little well-known by its target audience.

For what it's worth, I think it will do Maze Runners numbers around here; $7m

Yes, but that's one location. I don't think the film will blow up anywhere outside of the Americas if you wanna be technical. It should do okay though.

25 minutes ago, That One Chris Pratt said:

I see it doing fine.

Depends on your definition of fine.I see it doing Maze Runner numbers as its best case scenario.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=yaadaptations.htm

Ender's Game / I am Number Four  numbers would be the possible worst case scenarios I believe.

52 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Depends on your definition of fine.I see it doing Maze Runner numbers as its best case scenario.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=yaadaptations.htm

Ender's Game / I am Number Four  numbers would be the possible worst case scenarios I believe.

Fine as in a 70-90M run.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Is the title some sort of "made ya look" joke? 

That's one way to put it.

I want this to do well, if only because the Passengers trailer is being put before it (and Deepwater Horizons).   I thought this looked good, then creepy, then I learned it was Tim Burton, so that kinda explained it.  I won't be going, because he is really not to my taste, but I wish it well.

I think it will suffer for having Fantastic Beasts opening this year, though.

58% RT is 10% higher than my favorite movie of this year(so far); it really isn't a bad score for this kind of movie if it holds. Maze Runner had 65% and its sequel 48% and yet they are pretty fun YA movies.

Too early though, only 26 reviews in, a lot still to change. It will probably go down, but you never know.