FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

This goes back to whether you consider it a CA or TA sequel or a hybrid?

It is a hybrid really. It would never have performed like it did without Iron Man in it. 

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

That would mean it doesn't even make $400m? Can't see that happening...

Yeah, it will do 400M. But I can see it ending with a 3-3.2 multiplier instead of the 3.4-3.6 everyone is expecting.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I can see it pulling a Minions. This is not your typical family movie. 

Unlike Minions, though, this should have strong word-of-mouth among adults.

My showing last night was sold out in one of the biggest auditoriums (as was every show all day, really) and the 20-somethings and up made up the majority of the audience.

• Like 2

I have just read apparently Depp suspected Amber Heard was cheating him with Cara Delevigne. Holy shit. I need a sex tape of that. My mind is already imagining things. Depp should have had a three way with both. 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

I think the budget and ad push lean it even closer to TA, RDJ was paid close to his usual fee lol.

I absolutely agree. 

11 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The market is now overcrowded with big event movies almost every week.

It s basically summer all year long now so having a lenghty run becomes more and more difficult.

Big ass blockbuster fatigue is real.

I mean ID4 R is a giant 200M blockbuster VFX extravaganza and the audiences' reaction so far to this project is :

:sleep::sleep:

As usual, when the GA is flooded with options, they pick the ones that will give them the most for their money.

That choice can depend on either brand recognition (i.e. "x studio is always worth my money"), what friends go see (win harder, lose harder for studios), or random personal interest.

Too many "big" movies are coming out that need huge returns just to break even. The GA has always been quite selective of their movies. Combine these 2 aspects and you get this summer so far.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Unlike Minions, though, this should have strong word-of-mouth among adults.

My showing last night was sold out in one of the biggest auditoriums (as was every show all day, really) and the 20-somethings and up made up the majority of the audience.

This is something I can't judge since I haven't seen it. As soon as I saw Minions I totally understand why it had poor legs and probably poor WOM between teens/adults, tho.

1 minute ago, SchumacherFTW said:

TMNT2 drops are really bumming me out :( loved that movie!

RIP the franchise.

I would actually like to get another one. TMNT2 had tons of set up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I have just read apparently Depp suspected Amber Heard was cheating him with Cara Delevigne. Holy shit. I need a sex tape of that. My mind is already imagining things. Depp should have had a three way with both. 

giphy.gif

:jeb!: 

• Like 2

Just now, CJohn said:

This is something I can't judge since I haven't seen it. As soon as I saw Minions I totally understand why it had poor legs and probably poor WOM between teens/adults, tho.

RIP the franchise.

I would actually like to get another one. TMNT2 had tons of set up.

I'm waiting for China numbers first, that had at least 2 Chinese production companies involved :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, SchumacherFTW said:

I'm waiting for China numbers first, that had at least 2 Chinese production companies involved :lol:

China is gonna screw my under 400M WW club. It will do like 150-170M there. 

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

Those drops among holdovers are insane, take out Alice (lol) & 3-12 all plunged 47% & most much lower than that. 

Warcraft's drop is hilarious. It won't even do 50M total. It is sinking in China as well.