FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

8 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I wasn't here when the "Martha" thing happened but I'll just say that I didn't see the problem with it.  I took it as for a split second Bruce saw Superman for who he truly was and it humanized the "alien" and it clicked with Bruce because he lives with his mother's death weighing on him. 

But I also believe that you'd have to be a little bit into the comics to fully grasp their interactions so...   I guess I disagree with you.  I didn't think BvS was any worse than your average dumb popcorn movie, I mean the whole training raptors and raptors with night vision or whatever the fuck was so dumb to me but it's okay because it's JW, it's already ridiculous.

Issue was JW was a fun movie.

Batman vs Superman was boring and stupid

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Forgot about Frozen 2 (ugh, why'd I have to remember) in response to my own question about the next animated OW record breaker. That will surely do it given a Friday release. 

When Frozen 2 decreases the meltdowns will be unreal. Frozen 2 won't have the NOSTALGIA factor unless they wait 13 years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

When Frozen 2 decreases the meltdowns will be unreal. Frozen 2 won't have the NOSTALGIA factor unless they wait 13 years.

Well I hope you're right, because that will be a GLORIOUS day for yours truly. Sadly though I can easily see it pulling a massive 150 OW or so. 

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Well I hope you're right, because that will be a GLORIOUS day for yours truly. Sadly though I can easily see it pulling a massive 150 OW or so. 

Not happening unless they wait 13 years. Frozen 2 is bound to decrease.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Not happening unless they wait 13 years. Frozen 2 is bound to decrease.

I would think Frozen 2 would play more like TS2, which had a relatively similar release gap. It's not relying on nostalgia, but rather kids still being obsessed with the first. 

55 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Nah, Mrs Tele got it on streaming for him yesterday. He's been watching a variety of movies, we thought he might like to see it again (and he did). He watched it last night and he's watching it again now.

Careful now. He might become almost as obsessed as me. :ph34r:

Didn't you say he was slightly scared the first time around?

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

I would think Frozen 2 would play more like TS2, which had a relatively similar release gap. It's not relying on nostalgia, but rather kids still being obsessed with the first. 

There has been 2 years since the first. 4 year old kids are now 6. 6 years old are now 8. The sequel will still take a while. Many of those kids will no longer be kids.

Just now, cannastop said:

Isn't the steelbook a Europe exclusive?

Anyways maybe you can have a The Good Dinosaur and Zootopia marathon.

I don't know, I think it was released worldwide. 

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

There has been 2 years since the first. 4 year old kids are now 6. 6 years old are now 8. The sequel will still take a while. Many of those kids will no longer be kids.

And did that stop millennials with Finding Dory?

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

I would assume it's going to be a holiday 2018 release, 2019 for sure. That wouldn't be drastically longer than TS1 to TS2's 4 year gap. Also of interest with that comparison is that the first Frozen likely sold an extremely similar amount of admissions to the first Toy Story. 

Just now, The Pandaren said:

And did that stop millennials with Finding Dory?

You didn't understood me. It either needs to come out next year or 2018 at the latest or instead they should wait 10+ years and go for the Nostalgia factor and get the teens/adults as well.

Just now, CJohn said:

You didn't understood me. It either needs to come out next year or 2018 at the latest or instead they should wait 10+ years and go for the Nostalgia factor and get the teens/adults as well.

I think Frozen 2 will do fine if it comes out whenever it's ready.  Kids that are no longer kids will go back nostalgically, kids that are kids will go see it because they still love Frozen.  

This isnt HTTYD that kids are going to just forget about and not care.

Just now, The Pandaren said:

I think Frozen 2 will do fine if it comes out whenever it's ready.  Kids that are no longer kids will go back nostalgically, kids that are kids will go see it because they still love Frozen.  

This isnt HTTYD that kids are going to just forget about and not care.

:sadben: 

• Like 1